Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

Unable to use CaptainSim L-1011 with RXP GTN 750

So i wanted the GTN 750 on the Tristar (the INS doesn't have a vnav calculator, so i wanted to use the GTN) I saw on CS forums that if you switch the MCP to ONS and switch the GTN to VLOC mode it would follow the path. However, this was tested on the f1 GTN, which i wouldn't think it would be too different since they both use the GTN trainer. But for some reason it didn't follow the path. I'm assuming the RXP works in a different principle? But it never followed the path. Here's a video from David Herky with his f1 GTN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffq_Prw92gU&feature=youtu.be

But i was not able to replicate this on the RXP for some reason.

But getting back on track, is there anybody who was able to successfully use the GTN on the CS L1011?

Edited by RXP

Hi,

The video shows the GTN in VLOC mode, therefore, it is a regular ILS approach using the NAV radios, and there is nothing special with the GTN in this case: just tune the correct frequency and that's all. Otherwise I fail to see what could go wrong when doing an ILS approach for which the GTN does nothing at all.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)