Sign in to follow this  
michal

User written ATC modules for certain airports ?

I understand that it is impossible to cater for every single airport in the world where ATC procdures cannot be used the same way as for airports that are only surrounded by flat country.How about giving users the ability (i.e. hooks) for user written ATC modules for certain airports like Innsbruck/Austria etc. ? They could be done as scripting modules or as real 'modules' (DLLs) etc. Although I am not an expert at all :-) I am sure a number of people would know how to vector planes down to the airport there and could write such a module.Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest garwig2

Agree completely. If we could adjust the specific rules for specific airports we could make so many improvements. I don't expect MS to get every airport perfect, but if they give us the ability to tweak the rules for individual airports then there's so many posibilities. Besides ATC approaches, I see benefits in being able to adjust:*Calm-wind runways*Closing certain runways just for take-offs or just landings*Assigning runways for GA or for airliners*Making rules for active runway based on wind velocity/direction*Making rules for active runway based on the active runway at another airport (such as when a minor airport is near a major airport)*creating prefered taxi routesWould be nice...-Gary