Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Utah Wasatch Range, and Monument Valley

AeroflyFS2 Utah add-on scenery.  By far, the best Monument Valley mesh I have ever seen!

John

6tqXSgB.jpg
pfP2EDZ.jpg
fH95T03.jpg
le0HkEO.jpg
2RbxdF4.jpg
XLk2rD8.jpg
RtNfVwf.jpg
tcGOd79.jpg
u6gRNkN.jpg
SevdXIy.jpg
kSIn7ST.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John F said:

Nice! Wing view really captures it!

John

I've only been to Monument Valley once in real life, even though I live in Arizona, it is a long haul to get there, you have to go there via the backdoor out of Flagstaff, it takes virtually forever to get there.  It is breathtakingly seen in the movie "The Eiger Sanction" with Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy (of Airport 75 and 77 fame).  They climb one of the tall spires there as they prepare for Clint's attempt on the Eiger.  I have been at the foot of the Eiger, in Grindelwald, Switzerland, so the movie has connections for me in a way, seeing both places in the film, although I did not see the Eiger until 84, and Monument Valley until 2013....

I never found, in any sim, anything close to what Aerofly FS2 has done with Monument Valley's mesh, nothing has even come close, not even Google Earth captures it so well.  It made my download of their Utah/Colorado scenery today worth it.

John

• Like 1

I agree with you, it also looks better than what Frank Daniese has created for XP and earlier for FSX/P3D. I also have been there only once, with an RV. Watching the sunset and the next morning the sun rise, with your RV parked nearby, was quite an experience.

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080