Sign in to follow this  
Masterius

Added third throttle quadrant, now out of sequence

I just started using LINDA this week. So far, other than some oddities (which I'm enjoying figuring out) it's been pretty easy. However . . .

Today I added a new Saitek throttle quadrant to the two I'd already had. FSUIPC4 borked it up by reassigning the quadrants new positions. Thankfully I used the option to assign letters, so fixing that was fairly easy. But the same thing happened in LINDA, and I don't see a way of remapping/renaming. The flight yoke system and throttle quadrant didn't change, but now LINDA reads the new quadrant as the original second quadrant, with the original quadrant now assigned as the new one . . . including swapping all the button assignments. 

Is there a way of editing things to that throttle quadrants 2 and 3 read correctly?

Edited by Masterius

When LINDA opens go to Setup Joysticks, this opens a list of all your controls each one has a Name Box  which you can  edit then save.

Brian

1 hour ago, byronp said:

When LINDA opens go to Setup Joysticks, this opens a list of all your controls each one has a Name Box  which you can  edit then save.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, it did not work.

To clarify:

I had a setup consisting of a Saitek flight yoke system (which includes a throttle quadrant), Saitek rudder pedals, a second Saitek throttle quadrant, and a Saitek switch panel and radio panel. The yoke, pedals, and both quadrants had been mapped and controlled by FSUIPC4, and worked without any hitches or glitches. Several days ago I downloaded, and installed, LINDA, at which point I completely removed all button assignments from FSUIPC4 and reassigned them to LINDA.  I closely followed the instructions, including setting up the default FSX-SE aircraft before setting up my A2A B-17 profile. (I'd like to say that went flawless, but it hadn't. But that seemed more a matter of me working out the peculiarities of the Saitek panels than anything else).

Yesterday I added a third Saitek throttle quadrant . . . and that's when things went South. Both FSUIPC4 and LINDA did the same thing: instead of assigning throttle quadrant 3 as a new controller, they mapped it as quadrant 2, and mapped quadrant 2 as the new quadrant. All axis and button assignments of the original quadrant 2 were deleted, and subsequently shifted, to quadrant 3. 

For FSUIPC$ that was a fairly easy fix, since I used "AutoAssignLetters". I simply edited the .ini file as to swap the GUID for quadrant 2 to quadrant 3, and quadrant 3 to quadrant 2 by editing their JoyName letters. However, no matter what I've tried, I can't do anything similar with LINDA. I've tried giving specific names to the quadrants in question (for example, "Throttle Quadrant 1) but there (seems to be) is no way to identify the mapped buttons to their respective controllers.

Yes, I could just physically relocate the quadrants to match what I had, but if I decide to add further controllers in the future, I want to prevent a repeat of this and, should it happen again, know how to edit and correct things.

Al

Unfortunately Windows does not provide a repeatable order when adding devices if the same type. LINDA uses the vendor and product IDs plus a unique number (VID/PID/x) for each device detected. This can be read in the Joystick Setup.

You can manually edit the assignments to each similar device. First, note the unique ID (see above), close LINDA and then open the config-hid.lua file for the aircraft (make backup first). You can then edit the unique ID to match your previous assignments with the desired device. Don’t leave more than one device with the same ID.

As axis are controlled by FSUIPC you will need to reassign your setup.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

17 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Unfortunately Windows does not provide a repeatable order when adding devices if the same type. LINDA uses the vendor and product IDs plus a unique number (VID/PID/x) for each device detected. This can be read in the Joystick Setup.

You can manually edit the assignments to each similar device. First, note the unique ID (see above), close LINDA and then open the config-hid.lua file for the aircraft (make backup first). You can then edit the unique ID to match your previous assignments with the desired device. Don’t leave more than one device with the same ID.

As axis are controlled by FSUIPC you will need to reassign your setup.

Thank you for the reply! It is very much appreciated!

I'll remember this for next time, should adding another controller bollix the works. Fixing FSUIPC was ridiculously easy: since the .ini auto-lettered the controllers, it was simply a matter of swapping letters. I managed to fix my LINDA controllers by carefully removing the one quadrant, restarting LINDA, giving the remaining quadrant a unique name, then plugging the removed quadrant into a different port. However, your technique seems much more painless and efficient!

Thanks again!

~Al