Sign in to follow this  
SailorDoc

A request regarding Carenado C172SP G1000

I am requesting an updated G1000 tutorial either via YouTube or written file regarding the G1000 for the C172SP. I have watched YouTube videos and read tutorials until I'm green. Still having problems inputting a simple flight plan. I own probably 8 Carenado aircraft and I don't think I will purchase another until they can come up with a decent "How To_______" fill in the blank. I must admit I got sucked in by the very nice modeling of their aircraft BUT it's a common gripe, their documentation has a great deal to be desired. I am learning the hard way that a G1000 in a  Carenado C172SP is different then a G1000 in a Carenado TBM 850. The C172SP does not have the keypad or AP keypad that the TBM 850 has. Any help regarding a YouTube G1000 tutorial or written tutorial for inputting a simple flight plan into the C172SP will greatly help in keeping my blood pressure within normal limits. Thank you

This was written for a GNS 530 but should also work for a G1000..

OK.. lets start with programming a flightplan, using the mouse wheel on the lower right knob

1. Push FPL button

2. Activate cursor (click on inner lower right knob)

3. Select first letter (inner lower right knob)  Use the mouse wheel..

4. Advance the cursor (outer lower right knob)

5. Back to 3 to select the next letter. (at this point, you can also use the PC keyboard..)

When complete: Push ENT button

Then back to 3 to select the next waypoint.

When all the waypoints have been entered, use the FPL button to exit

Now the magenta line shows the active leg, and the FPL button shows the flightplan

• Like 1

Bert

Thank you Sir. I have watched YouTube after YouTube videos on inputting a flight plan into the C172SP G1000, which I have found to be different that G1000 in a Carenado TBM 850. Which has the keypad and AP keypad for easy data entry, the C172 SP does not have those features. I'll give your reply a "Go". Im open for anything at this point..much appreciated