Sign in to follow this  
ai1

Yoke Master switch mapping - Opening RXP GTN menu

Hello, 

I cannot find how to map the master switch on the yoke to a joystick button (button under the trim switches on the lear yoke). Pressing it in the VC disconnects autopilot, it is also used for NSW I think.  The default "Z" key or master autopilot, maps to "eng" (the button on MCP). Does anyone know which command, or FSUIPC offset to use for this ?

Another question I have is that for the realityXP GTN750 pressing shift and right clicking in the top (to open the config menu of the GTN750) does not work. It only happens in the lear35, I can open it in other planes.  Anyone have an idea what could cause this ?

Thanks !

1 hour ago, ai1 said:

Hello, 

I cannot find how to map the master switch on the yoke to a joystick button (button under the trim switches on the lear yoke). Pressing it in the VC disconnects autopilot, it is also used for NSW I think.  The default "Z" key or master autopilot, maps to "eng" (the button on MCP). Does anyone know which command, or FSUIPC offset to use for this ?

Another question I have is that for the realityXP GTN750 pressing shift and right clicking in the top (to open the config menu of the GTN750) does not work. It only happens in the lear35, I can open it in other planes.  Anyone have an idea what could cause this ?

Thanks !

The large orange (or tan) button on the yoke below the trim switches is used to momentarily disable the nose wheel Steer Lock system (see pgs 37 and 38 of the FSW Lear35 manual). You are correct it also turns off the autopilot. I was not aware of this. It may be a bug, or perhaps that the AP should not be on with Steer Lock. I will find out and report back on that.

Since many hide the yoke when flying, and the other steer lock switch located on the center pedestal is not convenient to find and click on with the mouse when moving, FSW has mapped the steer lock system to G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = ON and
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = OFF (see pages 6 and 38 of the manual), so you can assign keys or buttons accordingly.

Alternatively, since you mentioned FSUIPC, you can assign a key or button to the following Lua script to toggle Steer Lock on and off:

Lear35SteerLock.lua

steer_on=ipc.readLvar("L:STEER_ON")   --get current steer value;1=full steering, 0=restricted steering
 if steer_on==nil or (steer_on~=0 and steer_on ~= 1) then  
         ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON",1)     --turn full steering on                 
  elseif steer_on==1 then             
         ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON",0)   -- steering was on, so turn full steering off                             
  else
        ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON",1)   --steering was off, so turn full steering on
 end
 return

As for the RXP GTN 750, I have no trouble opening the config menu by using Shift + right click on the upper right frame of the GTN 750. I do have to first 'popup' the GTN into a 2D window for this to work.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the info. As far as I know the yoke button in the real lear does disconnect the autopilot and when continuously pressed enables nws (used for takeoff vs switches on pedestal for taxi). Seeing that it seems to work correctly in the vc, did I overlook something in the manual on how to map it ?

Regarding the rxp gtn, I can also not access the menu from the 2d panel.  The main reason I ask about the menu, is that I want to easily  check if all the gtn settings are correct to be able to interface to the autopilot.

Thanks again!

31 minutes ago, ai1 said:

Seeing that it seems to work correctly in the vc, did I overlook something in the manual on how to map it ?

You have not explained what you have tried to do in detail. For example, did you read the manual pages I pointed you to above and try to use the G1000 mappings as outlined in the manual?  It will be easier to help you if you explain what you have tried to do and what happened, or didn't happen.

I don't know why you are having trouble with the RXP GTN config popup. As far as I know no one else has reported this problem with the Lear. If you are using multiple screens, it is possible the config popup shows up on a different screen than the VC screen, so turn on all screens just in case!  😉  You might also check on the RXP forum to see if anyone else has run across a similar problem and found a solution.

Al

Edited by ark

If I am not mistaken, the  'G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = ON' toggles nws on. But in the real lear (and on the VC yoke) the button is not a toggle switch, it needs to be continuously pressed down to use nws.  The 'G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = OFF' does indeed also disconnect the autopilot besides switching off nws.

The proposed LUA script is also a toggle function, as I understand it, but it could be modified to reflect the real button I guess.

Based on the following post I tried something with a marco

For the time being I made an fsuipc macro for a joystick button pressed with the command: 1=L:STEER_ON=Set     and input parameter "1" in fsuipc.  And for control sent when button released: 'G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3'.  When pressed there is nws end when released nws disengages and autopilot disengage (normally pressing the button disengages the autopilot, and there is no yoke button animation but it's close enough for me 😉 )

If anyone's interested the Lvar for the animation of the (left) yoke button is : " L:STEER_ON1 ", and for autopilot disconnect I think it is : "L:MODE_ENG".

Concerning the rxp gtn 750, the symptoms seem similar to the following post:

I opened the "RealityXP.GTN.ini" directly and had to change "AutoNavGps"  to  "=false" to be able to use the gps/nav switch in the cockpit. So it is still strange that the shift-right click does not work, but it can be bypassed via editing the ini.

Kind regards.

3 hours ago, ai1 said:

there is no yoke button animation but it's close enough for me

ai1,

I understand now that you want to actually emulate the orange yoke button with a push button you have on your yoke. The following scripts will do that including the animation of the orange VC button:

L35STEERonAPoff.lua

ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON",1)     
 ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON1",1)
 ipc.writeLvar("L:MODE_ENG",0)
 ipc.control(65791)
 return

L35STEERoff.lua

ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON",0)
  ipc.writeLvar("L:STEER_ON1",0)
  return

Activate the L35STEERonAPoff.lua script when you press your yoke push button, and activate the L35STEERoff.lua script when you release your yoke push button.

I can't replicate your GTN config problem, so can't help with that.

Al

Thank you Al ! This is exactly how I wanted the button to work.

You can leave out the line 'ipc.writeLvar("L:MODE_ENG",0)' in the lua script it's not necessary.

19 hours ago, ai1 said:

Thank you Al ! This is exactly how I wanted the button to work.

You can leave out the line 'ipc.writeLvar("L:MODE_ENG",0)' in the lua script it's not necessary.

If you leave out the 'ipc.writeLvar("L:MODE_ENG",0) line I think you will find that after turning off the AP with this script, you will have to click TWICE on the AP ENG button to turn the AP back on. You should only have to click ONCE on the AP ENG button to turn the AP on with the mouse. So 'updating' the Lvar L:MODE_ENG to 0 keeps the operation of the orange yoke button and the toggle operation of the AP ENG button coordinated and in sync.

Al

Edited by ark