Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

FSX Alaska Landclass

Hi, I was looking at Kodiak Island in FSX and noticed the landclass data shows nearly the entire island (and much of the rest of Alaska) as this brown scrub/desert looking texture...what's with that? Is it just my setup? I hope it's just the beta and will be tweaked in the final release. The first pic is of the Kodiak airport area in FSX and the second is a pic of this part of Alaska the way it should look. Previous versions of flight simulator had it correct.Keith

Guest JuiceRabbit

It's the picture thats inaccurate, not FSX.

>It's the picture thats inaccurate, not FSX.:-lol :-lolMichael J.

Guest payt

Looks like the ground evnvironment guys are in for one heckuva job ;)

Here is the same area in FS9 with Ground Environment Pro...this is closer to reality. Even without GE Pro, the default was fairly close, hopefully the retail version of FSX will look better.Keith

Hi Keith,looks like the land class file of FSX will be pretty much the same as that for FS2004, with the exception of a few local/regional improvements; I haven't seen any changes to Alaska.What has changed is the ground texture sets associated with each land class because of the switch to 1-m resolution and related features. That's why the landscape looks quite different between the two versions and I agree that parts of Alaska doesn't look very realistic at all.A bunch more Alaska screenshots (and comparisons) can be found here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=241144&page=3 and here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=55469Cheers, Holger

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Hey Holger, didn't you have a couple of things that went some way to fixing Alaska? ;-) Incidentally, Slarti's a few steps away from full FSX support. Just need to read the terrain.cfg file for texture definitions.Cheers,Jim