Sign in to follow this  
jfri

What should I expect from ATC here ?

I have made a VFR flight plan from ESGP to ESGT. I tune Malmö center at 118 and when I call for flight plan clearance I get cleared and told to call again after being airborne for advice service. Then there seem to be problems.

I make an initial call (still on 118) saying I am climbing (or at) 3500 feet. P2A seem to have problem to recognize the number 3500. And if I get it right or use sayit to make this call nothing happens more. Should it be so ? Shouldn't the ATC say something ? Also should I expect ATC to call me when getting close to the destination ?

ESGP has a tower so you should be getting your flight plan clearance and takeoff clearance from them.  They will then pass you to Malmo Ctr.

If you contact Malmo Ctr first, they will send you to Tower, Ground or Clearance, whichever is appropriate.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Follow up.  I just tested at ESGP and in the current version, 2.6.0.0R3, it does tell you to contact tower if you call for Center for clearance at ESGP.

I tried the same from an uncontrolled airport and Center gave me clearance and then responded to my after takeoff call. They later transferred me to Approach Control nearing the destination airport, who then passed me to Tower about 11 NM out.

Something must have gone wrong on the flight you had.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

15 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Follow up.  I just tested at ESGP and in the current version, 2.6.0.0R3, it does tell you to contact tower if you call for Center for clearance at ESGP.

I tried the same from an uncontrolled airport and Center gave me clearance and then responded to my after takeoff call. They later transferred me to Approach Control nearing the destination airport, who then passed me to Tower about 11 NM out.

Something must have gone wrong on the flight you had.

Dave

We have had a mail conversation about ESGP before. You wrote

I see your data is obviously different from mine.

ESGP is an uncontrolled airport without Tower,etc.

You need to call MALMO Ctr on 118.00 for clearance.

No taxi call or instructions.

Then, you’ll need to request IFR Release when you’re number one for departure.

My installation of P2A does not know about a tower. But I have found out that in real life ESGP do indeed now have a tower again on 119.055 MHz. So first I would like to know how I can get the correct information into my P2A.
Can also mention that many times I tried to say Cessna 2SP at 3500 I saw no text about what I said. Then when I used SayIt my previous attempts seem to have appeared

Data update subscriptions, or one time downloads, can be obtained from Navigraph or NavDataPro.

It is possible for the queue of statements and responses to get out of sync and that would cause the flow of multiple interactions at once.  This can be caused by any number of things like the CPU being too busy or an error of some sort causing the code to miss an event.  If you send me (admin@pilot2atc.com) the P2A log file for the last flight where this happened, I'll have a look.

Dave

6 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Data update subscriptions, or one time downloads, can be obtained from Navigraph or NavDataPro.

It is possible for the queue of statements and responses to get out of sync and that would cause the flow of multiple interactions at once.  This can be caused by any number of things like the CPU being too busy or an error of some sort causing the code to miss an event.  If you send me (admin@pilot2atc.com) the P2A log file for the last flight where this happened, I'll have a look.

Dave

I got the same result when I tried this flight again. Noticed when I used the SayIt that feet was spoken also which I did not. But still no further response from ATC.

Another detail I don't understand under PlnAlt  it list 1100 ft at runway threshold and then 1700 ft at runway middlepoint which makes no sense to me.
Also ATC gives me a barometer setting. When I set that (XP11) at ESGP the altimeter does not give me the correct 59 ft altitude reading.

Log file and screenshot mailed to you

There's a bug in the program that is causing the strange altitudes in the display of the VFR Pattern.  The next update will be modified so it makes more sense.

Dave