Sign in to follow this  
slait

Praise for the fantastic SibWings Saab 91 Safir!

I certainly didn't intend to start of a debate with regard to the Safir! I have to say that it did occur to me as I pressed the 'post' button, that there may have been a discussion of the aircraft in question already present, but figured that as it wasn't on the first page, I'd still post an enthusiastic report!I have since noticed the package has been retracted from sale for the time being. It is indeed sad that due to acts of piracy, this great product is currently unavailable to those who have not been fortunate enough to purchase it.Regards,Al.

Guest allcott

Its not your fault Al, the BigWigs at Avsim decided to throw in the towel of a separate FSX forum, and now all the topics are here, so you can imagine how fast FS9 topics get shunted off the first page and down to pages 4 or 5. We've asked for it to be separated again, but I dont think it will happen.Maybe we should have talked about the Safir in FSX? ;)I'm sure that it will be back on sale as soon as they can lock out the pirates and it really is a plane to treasure, with all its little quirks just like a real vintage plane! Allcott

I hope so as I have had the opportunity to purchase it yet, and I'm excited about doing so. I'm gone for the weekend so I'll hope for a nice surprise for my return. It looks great!

- Aaron

Sorry Aaron, this topis is only about the evilness of piracy. Talking about the nice Safir or being enthusiastic about it is not allowed by our police officer Allcot.Is he not looking...: But I really hope that you have the change to fly this beauty. because it's the best aircraft in years. Instant classic applying for the plane of the year(s) award!Have fun!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest jaapverduijn

Oh my god, Rob, not another frustrated Dutch leprechaun iritating the fugh out of people all over the place, ####-bound on personal vendettas. We've already got Jeroen Wenting who can, with mathematical certainty, be predicted to bugger up every nice thread he gets his hands on because he insists on airing his contrary opinion even if he doesn't have one. Also we've already got myself, as a good Dutchmen regularly shoving my finger into every dyke I see... actually the last time I did this the dyke in question slapped my face and hollered "I don't like men!" (wide and wicked grin)!I fairly often don't like your comments, Rob, and I also don't like yourself because you're a greedy person. Remember: several years ago you walked away from my place, happily smiling and carrying several hundreds dollars worth of hardware and software that I had given you for free. You promised to send me a copy of Radar Contact as a token of your appreciation. I'm still waiting, mate. What happened to that CD-ROM? Disappeared from the radar screen?I can easily understand why we Dutch are internationally despised, coming in a good second straight after the Americans. Your and mine contributions to this forum, COMBINED, are of less value than what Allcott contributes on her own (indeed, Allcott is a woman and NOT a man as most people here seem to think), and I'm not the only one who has learned an enormous lot from her about various aspects of flight simming and its odd and mysterious intricacies.From you, on the other hand, the only thing I've learned is that we Dutch are worse than the proverbial Scots: parting with even the smallest gift HURTS us. Badly.Be, nevertheless, well!Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap,For a Dutchman, you have a very appealing sense of humour. That's coming from a brit.

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Dean!Thanks, mate! Actually I'm very fond of pommie humor! I also have to make a confession: I'm a direct descendant of both Alfred the Great and William the Conqueror, although their qualities seem to have diminished considerable down the line: you may call me Jaap the Small and/or Jaap the Looser (wide and wicked grin)!Anyway, I'm a bit of a pom myself. There you are: it's out now!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

A Dutchman calling an Englishman a Pom. Are you sure you don't have any Australian blood in you? :)

My dear fellow dutch leprechaun,I'm sorry to hear you thinking about me as greedy. I actually did send you a brand new RC3 CD. But I guess with your obviously misanthropic mind you think by default the worst about other people.Jaap I pity you and your's. You had my number you could have called me plain and simple. Still I wish you all the best! PS I still get enthusiastic about the Saab Safir, even with all the post stating the same and police officer Allcot around :)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg