Sign in to follow this  
MrBlueSky

Wideview Shader distortion fix and EZDOKv3

Im quite new to P3D and flight sim in general so excuse my lack of detailed knowledge, xperience and understanding. Latest P3D Academic, triple monitor 7680 x 1440 with NV Surround as my PC/Graphics hardware not up to fps hungry view groups and budget constrained. Configured for NVSurround with an SLI setup with OC Titan Blacks that works quite nicely apart from the distortion which is spoiling the immersive experience.

I get the 'create new custom camera with wideview shader' and am able to set that up and view it by selecting the 'Wideview' custom view. However I have and want to use EZDOK v3 as my primary camera view controller but how, if at all, do I apply the wideview shader to my EZDOK view presets? Or am i barking completely up the wrong tree in my naivety and cant do that? If so how do I do it?

Update on this one. Have set up new VC camera views with the wideview correction shader for the default PMDG737NGX model which appear automatically in EZDOK and they work nicely! However when I try to repeat the process by creating new views with the shader fix for the 737NGX default external views i.e. over wings, front, tail etc., the new views wont save with the shader selected like the VC views do. Any suggestions? 

I see that wideview camera views for aircraf models are available for download on the EZDOK site. Havent tried them yet but suspect they are views optimised for the wideview option within P3D and not the distortion fix. Anyone confirm? 

2 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

Update on this one. Have set up new VC camera views with the wideview correction shader for the default PMDG737NGX model which appear automatically in EZDOK and they work nicely! However when I try to repeat the process by creating new views with the shader fix for the 737NGX default external views i.e. over wings, front, tail etc., the new views wont save with the shader selected like the VC views do. Any suggestions? 

The "fix" is a standard post process filter. You can add it to the camera definitions in aircraft.cfg / cameras.cfg directly.

[CameraDefinition.nnn]
Title = ...
Guid = ...
Description = ...
PostProcess00 = WideviewDistortion

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you, that seems pretty straightforward. I assume I will need to do this in both cameras.cfg and specific aircraft model cfg's.

18 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

I assume I will need to do this in both cameras.cfg and specific aircraft model cfg's.

Depends on what you are trying to do. Cameras.cfg are the global camera definitions (VC, Cockpit. Tower, AI Trafffic etc.) and aircraft.cfg has the individual ones for that model. The distortion might not make sense for some of them. If EZDOK has a camera definition in cameras.cfg (it used to be that way in V2), then you could probably apply the post process there too - and all EZ cameras should have it automatically, unless EZ changes the definition all the time.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello everyone!

I myself have never used a camera like WideView, so I can hardly help here.

But do not forget that you can always write to us in support - just fill out the form at the bottom of the page (and describe there all the problems that have arisen). Support is always here:

http://ezdok-camera.com/troubleshooting

Best regards,

Nick

Nick Bebyakin
EZdok Software    http://www.ezdok-camera.com/