Sign in to follow this  
craig00747

CARENADO TURBO COMMANDER 690B

Hello Gents

I bought the Carenado Turbo Commander 690B and installed it into the FSX-SE. Here is a problem,which I hope somebody can suggest what to do,or if it is normal and not a problem?

After completing the engine start procedures,I hear that the engines are running at high RPM,although my throttle on the joystick,is at idle position. The joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro model and is brand new. The calibration on all axis has been done too.

With the throttle at idle position and the condition levers at the lowest position,I still have the sound of the engines running too high. Is this normal?

The X-Plane version of this plane,shows the engines at idle Rpm`s and it sounds correct too.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

PS. I have no update installed on this 690B and not sure if there is an update either?

Regards

Craig 

Hi Gents

I just did the start-up procedure again and made some notes on the instruments. This was with the condition levers at FLT IDLE position.

74% Rpm on Gas Generator

Hp. Engine L+R = 0.3 x 100 SHP

EGT on both engines = 430`C

Regards

Craig

This might be a better place to ask about your payware aircraft.  https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/814-690b-turbo-commander-fsx-p3d/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, craig00747 said:

I just did the start-up procedure again and made some notes on the instruments. This was with the condition levers at FLT IDLE position.

74% Rpm on Gas Generator

Hp. Engine L+R = 0.3 x 100 SHP

EGT on both engines = 430`C

I assume power levers at FLT IDLE and condition levers at LO.  These numbers seem to be roughly correct AFAIR.

Don't forget that since this is a fixed turbine turboprop, the propellers are also turning at 74% of their maximum RPM (~1600) which makes this   aircraft very noisy, even at idle with the condition levers at LO. 

Hi FDEdev

Yes,both power levers at FLT IDLE and condition levers at LO.

I am getting the totally different engine/prop sound,compared to the X-plane version.

But there again,I did not take the fixed turbine turboprop into consideration.

Regards

Craig