Sign in to follow this  
LionAir

Texture settings P3D V4.5

Goodday all,

I have troubles to find the best settings for my configuration in P3D v4.5 and herefore I will ask you for help

I have following specs:

Prepar3D V 4.5

Nvidia GeForce GTX1050ti

27" FHD schreen / 1920x1080p / 60 Hz

QualityWings 787 / Aerosoft Airbus Professional

The problem is that with some above Addons the gauges + textmessages are rarely readable, (with popup / 2D no problem)

I would like to know if anybody of the community which are the best settings for my config

If more info is needed do not hesitate to ask

many thanks in advance.......

2 hours ago, LionAir said:

27" FHD schreen / 1920x1080p / 60 Hz

[...]

The problem is that with some above Addons the gauges + textmessages are rarely readable, (with popup / 2D no problem)

Your first problem is the resolution. Means: depending on the view distance/zoom level in the virtual cockpit, text and gauges are not displayed crisp enough to be easily readable. The higher the resolution, the crisper everything gets. I would say, 1920x1080 on a 27" is really at the edge, for 27", 2560x1440 would be more suitable, maybe even 4K.

Your second problem is your GPU, which is rather weak. Why do I say so: because you could theoretically reduce the problem with the relatively low resolution by either using "DSR" or high antialiasing modes, both need a lot of GPU performance you simply do not have.

Nevertheless, we can try it:

1. tells us, what antialiasing mode you currently use in your sim. It might be that increasing this already does a great deal in increasing the readability.

2. you could try using "DSR" and increase the resolution of the simulator beyond 1920x1080 to improve readability.

3. If you do not already have your anisotropic filtering on 16x, put it on 16x. There are still rumors that this affects performance, but any current GPU should be able to handle 16x anisotropic filtering without any issue (even your 1050Ti).

4. For the QW787, you could try the "high resolution" MFDs (selectable in the QW Config). Be aware that this also reduces the performance.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

thnx for the advice.

I will try this later on.

Which factor on the DSR is the best to try?

"high resolution"MFD's is ticked

my settings in P3D so far:

FXAA: off

AA: 8x SSAA

Anisotropic: 16x

Texture resolution: high 2048x2048

VSync: off

frame rate: locked at 25

Do I have to change further something in my Nvidia panel? (or Nvidia Inspector)

Edited by LionAir

14 hours ago, LionAir said:

AA: 8x SSAA

Hmm, you are sure about this? This would ruin all my performance in cloudy conditions on my rig, and I use a 1080Ti... Anyway, sadly if you are really already using 8x SSAA, you might not be able to improve this any further, I certainly not suggest going higher there.

DSR you can still try, but it will for sure ruin the performance even further. Simply select all available modes (1.25x, 1.5x, 2x etc.) in your nVIDIA Control Panel and then inside the sim, try the higher resolutions now offered (e.g. 2560x1440 or even higher). Just again: be aware that 1440p or higher resolutions with 8x SSAA might result in very low FPS, you might have to reduce the AA setting a bit.

It is a try and error approach, but maybe you will find the sweetspot like this. If not, I fear the only thing that would help you is going for a monitor with a higher default resolution. But then, as I said, you might run into issues with the performance due to the relatively weak 1050Ti. On the other hand, if you are happy now with 8x SSAA on a 1050Ti, it might even be fine...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Disable 'Mipmap VC Panels' option from 'Display' settings. Doesn't play well with addon aircraft.

Edited by Evros

Reduce your SSAA to 4x or less. Your GPU can't handle that high a setting.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Followed the advices but to be honest, not much better results.

Maybe a downgrade to a smaller screen (24" FHD) ? or does that make no sense