Sign in to follow this  
TimShao

SUPER LOW AOA WHILE LANDING WITH PMDG 737-800NGX

Hi everyone, sorry if this topic has been talked about before. I am flying PMDG 737-800 NGX WL in P3D V3, and I find it wrong to have super low aoa while landing. Although I set the speed to that the system suggested me on my PFD with flaps 5, the pitching somehow lowered to like 5 degrees. (as shown in the picture) This situation started to occur some day. I didn't have this issue before so I am really confused with it. The CG is okey which I have checked. I always use the inbuilt PMDG FMC to change my fuel and loading, I am not sure whether it is the problem. One more thing is that the PMDG FMC shows the CG is normal, but when I check the P3D fuel and loading graphic, the CG is out of the envelope...

Hope to get reply soon, thank you a lot 🙂eSblsSM.jpg

This might be your lucky day. I just happened to be looking at the manual for the new NGXu when I came across page 23 where it says:

During testing we have found that in extremely rare
circumstances, users with FSUIPC installed would need to delete
their FSUIPC5.ini file after installing the PMDG 737NGXu in
order to get everything playing well together. We recommend that
you try this if it seems the 737 is not behaving normally after
installation. If you see strange issues with engines not producing
thrust despite looking like they’re running or the aircraft climbing
with an unusual nose-down attitude
, this is probably the cause.

Although you are seeing it on descent, it counts as a "strange issue". The NGX manual says something similar about deleting the FSUIPC4.ini file on pages 32 and 33. It doesn't mention the specific problem like the NGXu manual does...

Good luck!

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Flaps 5 on landing????? Thats going to bring you in pretty hot. The -800 is notorious for being tough to slow down to start with. If you go to the vREF approach page when setting up for approach you should be able to select Flaps 25-40. Press init on the CDU when starting descent to get the page. Then click the Flap/Speed setting you want to put it into the scratchpad then enter it in to the selected line. You ref speed will now show up on the speed tape.

Looking at your screenshot your vRef is at about 137kts. so you final approach speed should be 142kts Your at 158kts. In the -800 and -900 you can either go down or slow down but, not both.

• Like 1

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

21 hours ago, Snowfalcon said:

Flaps 5 on landing????? Thats going to bring you in pretty hot. The -800 is notorious for being tough to slow down to start with. If you go to the vREF approach page when setting up for approach you should be able to select Flaps 25-40. Press init on the CDU when starting descent to get the page. Then click the Flap/Speed setting you want to put it into the scratchpad then enter it in to the selected line. You ref speed will now show up on the speed tape.

Looking at your screenshot your vRef is at about 137kts. so you final approach speed should be 142kts Your at 158kts. In the -800 and -900 you can either go down or slow down but, not both.

Well he is at 158kts at 10 nm with flaps 5, is perfectly stabilized. The pitch should be around 1/0 degree

In the pic flap 5 speed is still shown. When flap 15 is set and gear comes down, the speed tape shows flap 15 speed. It's not there yet in the picture.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!