Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Awesome new 737NG sounds by Devyn Silverstein!

Guest ThrottleUp

I don't do this often but I had to point out this file to those Avsimmers who have not got it yet - *amazing*http://www.planet-smilies.de/a_smilies/engel_2.gifDevyn Silverstein has captured that CFM56 growl very VERY well and the rest of the flight sounds are spot on as well. But its that growl that will really have you going "Whoa!"...specially if you have ridden on NG737s (and sat close to the motors)!And if you have a good sub and surround sound...well thats another story altogether..immersion with a capital "I".Truly amazing how a good soundset transforms everything. If you have NG737s in your fleet you gotta give this a whirl :)http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root

Guest Tomlin

I installed these in a POSKY 737NG and loved them, with the only exception being the flaps sounds and the sound that comes with full throttle that sounds a bit too much like a cabin/wing view sound instead of flight deck tone. I bit grindy for the flight deck, but I do love the sound and the spool times seem better too to me. Anyone put these in the PMDG 737 yet?

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea I use them for the PMDG & Posky ones! Works perfectly :) You can always use the flap sound from another soundset if you want. Thats the cool thing about PC games you can tweak and tweak and tweak :)

Tried these and they drown out the radar contact ATC voices unfortunately. Plus they are a bit too loud in the cockpit. I agree, the flap sounds are keepers though!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest ThrottleUp

yea they are passenger-soundsets but maybe with a request Devyn might make a pflightdeck-version of his soundset for the Avsimmers that would prefer that :)I remember getting a soundset on Avsim that came with two sound.cfgs...one flightdeck and the other passenger, thought that was a nice touch!