Sign in to follow this  
irocx

Display Settings in FSX

I was playing around with the beta of FSX, and after several hours I finally got the settings that work great on my system. At first I was disapointed. FSX ran very badly on my P4 3.8. I have a dell 24"widescreen and the native res is 1920 * 1200. At this resolution FSX did not get more than 3 FPS at even sparse settings. Once I lowered the resolution just one notch, The fps went to a very acceptable setting. the same or better than I was getting in FS9. Im not sure if this is a bug in the program to display at this resolution or if raising the resolution just one setting would make that big a difference.Anyhow, If your have problems getting FSX to run welll, Try changing the resolution to another setting even if its not your native res. It worked for me. I have no idea why?Rob

GULP :( I just added a 24" What video board are you running?Dell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Cat.5.13's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall