Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Best FS2004 Payware Add-on

Guest killerwatt

You could do a lot worse that the MAAMSIM DC3

Hi Dan,First thing....Breathe!!!! Second....Think!!!!! What are you looking for in this hobby? What moves you? What were you looking for when you purchased or got this game? Since you've been playing, what motivates you the most? Last but definatly not the least....What can I buy that I can't get for free?That last question may cause alot of heartache for many simmers who will take it to the extreme in meaning, so I better explain what I mean to avoid starting an argument.I'm not saying that freeware is just as good as some payware. I can say with my limited experience that there is freeware out there that is just as good or better than some payware. Fact is that alot of the freeware stuff out there was made by payware authors. Some authors just refuse to charge us for their quality stuff for no other reason than they enjoy doing what they do.Your question has been asked numerous times and the forum is full of the answers you need. "What's the best aircraft?"..."What's the best scenery?"..."What's the best airport, panel,clouds,blah, blah, blah?I fly (If that's what you call my flying) commercial air. In particular, jets. Personally, I'm most happy when in the airport envioroment (Gate to takeoff...decent to shutdown.) So that is where I focus my attention. A perfect prop is no good to me because I won't fly it. a perfect scenery outside of the airport is no good to me at 30,000 ft. I can't reasonably land a 747 where the only traffic woould be GA or regional jets. At first, all I wanted to do was fly 747's. What I have found is that I have no discipline. I betray my 747 for whatever is the best panel.:-) Heck...If I push the button and it talks to me, I shamelessly put it in whatever I feel like flying. Why?... Becuase I can:-)Breathe:-) What do "YOU" like?? There is a recent thread where the question was "best 2004 payware" It is very long and well worth the time to read. What I learned is that people who like "low and slow "pick low and slow. People who like 757's like 757's. People who like low and slow like props where people who fly high attitudes care less for ground texture and fret over clouds and sunsets. Me??? I'm still looking for the perfect KIND.:-)Learn what is making you happy for now. It will change. Get it for free. Mix, match, make it the best you can. If you can't tweak it to your satisfaction or if you just don't have the time or patience to find it to your acceptable level. then buy it. I don't disagree with any suggestion you have, or will recieve in this thread. There are alot of payware items and aircraft out there for FS9, 2002, FS98...Oh!!....FSX is coming, huh? I like those who ask, "Why should I buy XXX item?" That's when you learn the true scoop from those who buy it,like it, love it, find a bug, hate it, then leave it in a hanger, or back in the box. Pay alot of attention to those people. They usually have been doing this for a while. A person with 1 aircraft and a bunch of freeware repaints won't know as much as the guy with a zillion payware one offs in the "add-on" grave yard.Good luck and I hope you find and purchase the perfect item you need for now:-) Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

LVL-D 763PMDG 744REALAIRF1-ATRSD YAK-40

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO