Sign in to follow this  

Hello Steve,

I just downloaded and installed the new scenery fixer update and cloud shadows update.

I installed them as you described but now I can not see the cloud shadows anymore.

I also have installed Sweetfx 1.5. Should I delete the shader first? During installation a message appeared that I should remove the d3d9.dll file but don’t i need that for FSX to run?

Thanks

Sorry, i forgot, my ordernr. Is STE xxxxx

Rob Zwang

Thanks

Edited by SteveFx
Remove order Id

Ok thanks,  did you just install sweetfx? 

I don't think that there was any issue with 1.5 but it might be worth removing it at least temporarily if it has just been added.

Then try uninstalling and reinstalling the libraries  again from the controller 

Finally work through the pinned post above titled "Cloud are not Visible FAQ"  - if you get to the end then it may be easier to email me the screenshot to the yahoo support email address from the front of the manual.

I deleted SweetFx but now FSX won’t start after the splash screen.

i read a topic somewhere that the d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll from SweetFx are not compatible with the one from FSX. I don’t know what to do now. Should i install directx9 again and then uninstall and reinstall the libraries? 

Does sweetfx not have an uninstaller?  

As far as I can recall sweetfx works by placing a d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll into the fsx directory.  Fsx doesn’t have those files normally as it accesses the os versions in windows system 32.

Do either of those two files exist in your fsx dir? If so remove them.

then uninstall fixer libraries and test if fsx runs.

if it’s not running at that point then try and tell me exactly what you did to delete sweetfx. 

Note do not under any circumstances remove anything from windows system32

Edited by SteveFx

Thanks Steve, everything works fine now. I forgot to remove both dll’s. I thought they were part of the FSX program. I uninstalled/ reïnstalled the libraries. This time FSX started normally. I brought the default Cessna to 2000 feet and the cloud shadows are back. 

I don’t like the original Colors of FSX. That’s why i installed SweetFx. Since reshade is not compatible with cloud shadows. Maybe I will try to install SweetFx later but right now i am so happy i have those cloud shadows back. 

DX10 Scenery fixer and cloud shadows are the best addon i have. Following the howto guide It really improved performance of my FSX

Thanks