Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

"Trusted" What does this mean...

No - it's just a change - like authentication of the OS and application software.It's something which has been coming for four or more years - which heads up developers have known will eventually impact them.We've heard about it for years - and now it is here for this game.The internet and most software were designed for a trusted world where every program, file and person with access were verified and proven safe before they got access.The reality is that your computer today is much like the homes used to be in my grandparents time - without door locks.The locks were introduced a few years ago - today FlightSim is adding locks.That is all, we just need keys, and it will work out in time.The transition might be a bit bumpy.

>Hmmm,...So what you are saying is that within a short period>of time, it is goodby with all freeware, since we have to get>a licence from MS? Or did I understand wrong...:-hmmmNope. As I said in the first post, there is already a "grass roots initiative" going on at http://fsdeveloper.com to obtain a Root Certificate and set up a process whereby freeware C gauge and add-on module developers can get a free "Trusted Certificate" then can then use to digitally "sign" their compiled releases.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've heard that every single .dll, no matter what app it belongs to, will need to be certified........Fun times for freeware developers ahead......

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE