Sign in to follow this  
BobP

GSX Level 2 and Sode not available

Hi everyone,

I did not post his is the GSX forum as I do not believe it is their problem. 

Something in my setup is killing Sode after I load a flight. The GSX menu pops up and everything works in the menu except 'Operate Jetway' which returns 'Sode is unavailable, jetways will not animate'. 😞 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sode, that procedure shows it IS installed, active and registered. Where is the sode exec or script located? I can sort through my AV and try to exclude it. Thank you in advance.

Bob

This will happen at airports that are not compatible with GSX, usually because they name their gates differently from the convention that GSX uses.  In these cases the first thing I do when I see that message from GSX is use the SODE menu to activate the jetway.  I have the alternate SODE hot key assigned to Shift+J to make it easy because the default Tab is used by the PMDG FMS scratchpad.  I have at least a dozen airports where I must use SODE instead of GSX for jetways.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

This will happen at airports that are not compatible with GSX, usually because they name their gates differently from the convention that GSX uses.

If gate number is alphanumeric, then GSX will read it. I never see this SODE error message at any airport when departing, but sometimes happens at arrival airport. I just select restart couatl and SODE connection works great again.