Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

Compounded Wind Turbulence?

Greetings!

I have recently re-purchased and re-installed the A2A C182 Skylane with Accusim (a much improved model over P3D V3 I believe), and stumbled across a thought for which I would ask the assembled wisdom of AVSIM.

I fly (see signature) Active Sky, Chase Plane, the newly acquired C182, and also recently, Sky Force. I have had SF for a while but did not have it running while flying as I had chosen a Sun/Cloud/Sunsel/Lightening effect and left them loaded. However, with the most recent update I thought I would let Sky Force choose the cloud textures versus "Cumulus Maximus" to see how it works. It works just great, and I am glad.

However, with the addition of the C182 with Accusim, I realized I may have FOUR wind turbulence/effect engines working to compound wind shear, turbulence and that they may be adding up to quite a yoke-full of wind effects.

For example, all four components have their own wind (sometimes ground, et al) effect engines. Do they compound one another? I have noticed some "random" wind shear effects while in flight, and I know to disable the Chase Plane effects with Accusim aircraft, but what about AS and SF? My initial thoughts are to disable all effects for Accusim-enabled aircraft, and for those without to use AS wind effects, if only because it is globally (all aircraft) enabled. Does this sound reasonable? 

Is this a real concern, or am I just fighting my POS Logitech yoke too much?   🙂

Thanks!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick