Sign in to follow this  
C2615

Can I cancel or stop a NNC?

I just get a try with the NGXu Failures module, When I try the Engine fire one, I wanted to annance "Engine fire or.... MEMORY ITEMS" but I just said it as "Eng....Checklist memory items" then the FO just go for the full checklist as I annonced the "Eng...checklist"  without doing any mem item and can't be stoped.

I tried the "Cancel last command" but it doesn't work.

In real training for 737, get a wrong checklist is a likely event, Normally we can catch it by the "condition" lines, so cancel and change a NNC is also something that happens. It's would be great in FS2C to have a phrase like "cancel the checklist" "stop the checklist" etc. to stop the wrong the checklist.

BTW, I have asked instructor from Boeing, they said for checklist like "ENGINE FIRE OR ENGINE SEVERE DAMAGE OR SEPARATION" checklist, it's OK to just annonce "ENGINE FIRE CHECKLIST" or  " SEPARATION CHECKLIST" as the actuall condition.

55 minutes ago, C2615 said:

I just get a try with the NGXu Failures module, When I try the Engine fire one, I wanted to annance "Engine fire or.... MEMORY ITEMS" but I just said it as "Eng....Checklist memory items" then the FO just go for the full checklist as I annonced the "Eng...checklist"  without doing any mem item and can't be stoped.

I tried the "Cancel last command" but it doesn't work.

In real training for 737, get a wrong checklist is a likely event, Normally we can catch it by the "condition" lines, so cancel and change a NNC is also something that happens. It's would be great in FS2C to have a phrase like "cancel the checklist" "stop the checklist" etc. to stop the wrong the checklist.

I agree, it would be nice to have such an option.

55 minutes ago, C2615 said:

BTW, I have asked instructor from Boeing, they said for checklist like "ENGINE FIRE OR ENGINE SEVERE DAMAGE OR SEPARATION" checklist, it's OK to just annonce "ENGINE FIRE CHECKLIST" or  " SEPARATION CHECKLIST" as the actuall condition.

It fully depends on the airline, my airline for instance insists on the full checklist title being called to avoid confusion and probable execution of the wrong checklist.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

12 minutes ago, AirbusCG said:

It fully depends on the airline, my airline for instance insists on the full checklist title being called to avoid confusion and probable execution of the wrong checklist.

My airline doesn't "insists" it but generally practice like that without any writing material, that's why I asked the boeing guys for that.

Also I noticed:

1. in Quick Action Index , "ENGINE FIRE" and ENGINE Severe Damage or Separation" is different checklist but index to same page.

2. In PI-QRH NNC landing distance, "LOSS OF SYSTEM A AND SYSTEM B" and "MANUAL REVERSION" are different table, but with same numbers.

Edited by C2615

27 minutes ago, C2615 said:

1. in Quick Action Index , "ENGINE FIRE" and ENGINE Severe Damage or Separation" is different checklist but index to same page.

It IS the same checklist, it's simply twice in the quick actions index so that even the last redneck can fly that airplane.

Makes it easier to find and to go to the right checklist if word not allowed really goes loose.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!