Sign in to follow this  
danno1502

Landing Lights in SOP3

Hi Bryan,

as mentioned on Facebook during the Landing Checklist in SOP3 the FS2Crew does not recognise the landing lights being on.

I did two approaches where I observed said behaviour in an aircraft equipped with LED lights without pulse.

I might have an idea why this is: when I set up my hardware on FSUIPC I had to change the value for the custom control that controls the landing lights. Whilst in the NGX the value would simple switch on the fixed landing lights, the same value on the NGXu would, in an aircraft equipped with, only switch on the pulse. In an aircraft without pulse the value would simple do nothing.

I‘ll do a test run now and let you know.

I did a test flight with four approaches. First with LED lights and second LED lights with pulse, where the FO didn't recognize the the landing lights to be one. Third with Original lighting and fourth with Original Lighting with pulse worked as per usual; but, of course, retracts had to be on for the FO to recognize the lights being on.