Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

FSX Buildings/Textures problem

Hi everyone,I was able to get FSX Deluxe from a local Best Buy this afternoon. I was able to install and activate it without any errors or hiccups, but in the sim, some strange things are happening. I can't see any buildings in airports. I can see autogen buildings fine, and I can see buildings in the cities, but I don't see any gates/parking areas, or anything like that (but the lines are still there). Here is one of the screenshots that I took: 1160272602.jpgMy video card is an ATI Radeon 9800PRO, and I have just updated the drivers tonight. I've got 1 gb of RAM, and a 2.8 ghz P4. I've been with the FS series since FS2000, never had any errors like this, but I'm going to make FSX work, as I see some great potential. It may be an issue with my computer (FS9 is fine, runs just dandy), or it could be something with FSX. If any of you could aid me in this matter, I'd greatly appreciate it.Happy flying,Chris LaFreniere

You just need to up your graphics settings, Chris. Right now it's on ultra-low quality textures and probably sparse scenery to boot. Go into the graphics display settings and turn up some sliders and you'll see things improve. Well, things except your frame rates ;-).

Thanks for the tips, Bill.Would you happen to know if there's a specific slider that would control my ability to see buildings, or do I have to increase multiples? This is a new one to me... My computer isn't good enough for me to see buildings ;).Well, I've been thinking about upgrading my graphics card (I'm not saying that that's the only thing that I need to upgrade, but I'm thinking that that is really what's holding my computer back the most) for a while now, but the problem right now is that I don't have a PCI Express slot, and buying a new computer is out of the question. Is buying a new motherboard and then buying a mid-range PCI-E graphics card a huge hassle and mega $$$?

Guest Neil Hill

You need to crank up your Scenery Complexity, it will add in the non-autogen buildings, boats, airport buildings, etc. However, it's all a balancing act. Play with the sliders until you are happy with what you see. It's been proven, in FSX you CAN'T have it all. I'm flying the latest demo with a AMD 2000 and ATI 9600 and It's perfectly usable.

Your 9800 Pro is OK for the job. No need for a faster card as your CPU isn't fast enough to feed a newer card (the CPU is holding back the framerate, not the video card). I've used a 9800 Pro with both the beta and demo programs and it actually works really well. As the others have said, just move the scenery sliders a little more to the right (but turn off the autogen).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

> Your 9800 Pro is OK for the job. No need for a faster>card as your CPU isn't fast enough to feed a newer card (the>CPU is holding back the framerate, not the video card). I've>used a 9800 Pro with both the beta and demo programs and it>actually works really well. As the others have said, just move>the scenery sliders a little more to the right (but turn off>the autogen).>>DougNo wayYour system is not very great for FSXThe 9800 pro is two years behindA CPU of that lower speed is asking for miraclesAnd 2G of RAM is a minimum now, 1G is small and I am seeing a usage of 1.3G right now with FSX onDont expect anything but frustrations with that system and FSXallen