Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Time Zone Fixer Automatic Update

Hi

I'm having trouble with Time Zone Fixer Automatic Update program from SimElite.

The pic attached shows that I have specified a folder that exists on setup (the folder shown does exist). Reading the manual, it's all correct, but I get the error message saying the folder can't be found. Is it a problem with the security.

why can't it find the folder - I have made it available as a 'public' folder?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bjMT4Yo6ncwT3YDL9

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

could always just go with this one.  It works well. 

http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/default.asp

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

43 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi

I'm having trouble with Time Zone Fixer Automatic Update program from SimElite.

The pic attached shows that I have specified a folder that exists on setup (the folder shown does exist). Reading the manual, it's all correct, but I get the error message saying the folder can't be found. Is it a problem with the security.

why can't it find the folder - I have made it available as a 'public' folder?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bjMT4Yo6ncwT3YDL9

Gaz

Try re-installing and follow the manual. I have everything setup correctly and that is what the same directory you showed looks like on my end.

f219c677528d17c3983f811dd27cbbde.png

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

2 hours ago, Shinx13 said:

I have everything setup correctly and that is what the same directory you showed looks like on my end.

I'm confused  - what created the subdirectories of Scenery and Texture.  I think I'm going around this the wrong way - something must be run in order for it to create that directory?  I have the files on my screenshots in several places, and tried those directories, but I often simply get nothing.  Should I run su.exe or Time Zone Fixer.exe? What directory should I put in the field for a directory?  

thanks

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary, it’s very hard to make out your screenshot as it’s so small.

Ive had this utility installed &or a while now and haven’t had any problems including updating it recently. The reason you have scenery and texture folders is because there will be BGL files in the scenery folder.

You should have an entry in scenery.cfg for Time Zone Fixer. Wait until tomorrow and I’ll check my install.

Have you read the instructions? It’s fairly basic stuff to install it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Gary, it’s very hard to make out your screenshot as it’s so small.

Ive had this utility installed &or a while now and haven’t had any problems including updating it recently. The reason you have scenery and texture folders is because there will be BGL files in the scenery folder.

You should have an entry in scenery.cfg for Time Zone Fixer. Wait until tomorrow and I’ll check my install.

Have you read the instructions? It’s fairly basic stuff to install it.

Hi Ray

I would appreciate it if you could help. The picture I provided is pretty big, but I'll take a look to see if I can get a bigger version.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary,

I've checked my installation. The program is installed to C:\Program Files(x86). It needs to know the location of P3Dv4. I pointed it to D:\P3Dv4 and it created a sub-folder named SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer. Inside that are Scenery and Texture sub-folders, 2 exe files, 1 TXT and 1 PNG.

You appear to have installed the program inside P3Dv4. Maybe that is confusing it. I suggest you uninstall and reinstall to C:\Program Files(x86). Then point it to your P3Dv4 parent folder and it should create the relevant folder structure for the BGLs to be accessed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I now get a problem saying I've tried to install it too many times. We'll see what I get, but other than folder names, what  I'm doing seems to not work, and it's not doing what you suggest. I've emailed simElite.

Gary

Gaz on Facebook

Gary, you’re pointing the program to the location of itself rather than to the folder with the same name that contains the scenery and texture folders.

Once you can install again let it install to Program Files (x86).

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Once you can install again let it install to Program Files (x86).

I think it is something I have tried. https://photos.app.goo.gl/QULPtLcWP3BHdMB57

Having said that, I have also pointed it to all sorts I can think of. I have even tried folder names without spaces, whether the folder is there or not.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary, use that Select button to point to the SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer folder embedded in P3Dv4. It really is that simple.

Look at Shinx13 folder structure in his post.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think I might have it sorted! I really appreciate your help.

Gaz on Facebook

Excellent, you’re welcome. 😄

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather