Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Aerosoft DHC6 Instrument problem...

Sorry for posting this here but I couldn't find an Aerosoft forum down below.

I recently purchased the Aerosoft Twin Otter X Expanded aircraft and I love it except for one problem.

The torque meter on the amphibian version panel won't rise above 10.  All the other models work fine, but not the amphib. 

I've swapped out the panel.cfg files from the other models but the torque meter problem persists in the amphibian.

Has anyone else run into this and/or found a solution?

Noel

I'm first generation Norwegian American.  You know what they say about Norwegians.  You can always tell a Norwegian, but you can't tell him much.

Yeah, I saw that Rob.  I went through 17 pages on the AVSIM forum but didn't find my problem.

The Twin Otters start alright and perform nicely.  The problem is on the amphibian model the torque instruments don't register the torque as you advance the throttles.  All the other engine instruments operate normally and it doesn't affect the performance at all.  The torque dials register on the other models.  Don't know why they won't work on the amphib model.  They all use the same panel.

Noel

I'm first generation Norwegian American.  You know what they say about Norwegians.  You can always tell a Norwegian, but you can't tell him much.

Problem solved.

The default start up automatically has the engines running and you are ready to fly.  In this more my torque pressure dials won't advance beyond 10 even at max power on takeoff.

This morning, however, I clicked to cold and dark startup.  I started the engines directly from the checklist.  After the engines were running the torque pressure dials moved correctly.

This seems to be a problem only with the amphibian version of the Twin Otter,  The wheeled version torque pressure meters indicate normally in the default startup mode.

Noel

• Like 2