Sign in to follow this  
Archive1

Alabeo Chieftain

Just bought the Chieftain, but do not find any Alabeo panel layout information. For example: tried to put in an ADF setting, but could not get what I thought was the ADF instrument to set what I needed.

Is there there a photo of the Chieftain panel with everything noted? I'm not a newbie at this sim stuff, but each aircraft has its own layout and finding your way around is sometimes a problem.

Carenado does provide a panel photo and that helps as does A2A. Maybe there is a good, in depth YouTube video of the panel (no, not just a review of the plane overall), if so I'd like a reference.

Archive1

I do not have a photo and do not own the Chieftain but I do have some Alabeo aircraft.

ADF tuning - radio:

For the older Alabeo planes you can tune each frequency but putting your mouse pointer under each number and scrolling up and down. This would be under the standby frequency and then you would change this to the active frequency by pressing the "FREQ" button. 

For the newer Alabeo planes you use the tuning knob to set the standby frequency. The outer knob tunes the 100's and 10's and the inner knob tunes the 1's and tenths digits for the standby ADF frequency.  Every time you click on the outer knob it will change between 100's and 10's, then you can scroll up or down to change the frequency. This works the same for the inner knob and the 1's and tenths. To change the ADF frequency from standby to active you press the "FREQ" button.

ADF tuning - Bearing indicator.

You just tune the knob.  There is a bug in the older Alabeo aircraft, and the bearing will not tune between 340 and 360 degrees.  The direction needle will still track properly though. If you need the 340 to 360 degrees you can always add a 2D popup ADF bearing indicator gauge.

I hope this helps, still having issues let us know.

John Cottreau

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Thanks John:

Will work it out.,with practice. It would be nice if there were a full layout of the panel so one could get into more nitty gritty of detail and get there more quickly.

Alas, not so I guess on the older aircraft.

Archive1