Sign in to follow this  
darthman

Crash when at either Bimini or Cat Cay

Help, I just purchased bot MYBS and Cat cay and I can't either take off from or land there, I register a crash directly after my plane generates or about 10 feet above the ground respectively.  I have been looking around and I do have both Pilot mesh and Orbx add-ons, and I have already executed the FTX adjustments.  

Help!!  🙂 

Devon

Edited by darthman

17 hours ago, darthman said:

Help, I just purchased bot MYBS and Cat cay and I can't either take off from or land there, I register a crash directly after my plane generates or about 10 feet above the ground respectively.  I have been looking around and I do have both Pilot mesh and Orbx add-ons, and I have already executed the FTX adjustments.  

Help!!  🙂 

Devon

Hi Devon,

There was a post regarding that issue, and you need to have crash detection off in P3D. Orbx actually has that issue with some of their scenery, and they recommended having crash detection off as well.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Thanks for responding.  Yes I saw that and that's good for a temporary band aid to get by, but I hope that's not a permanent solution.  We use crash detection to ensure we are flying correctly so keeping if off would negate the ability to leverage the simulation correctly.  I live in Fort Lauderdale and so I wanted to use your scenery to practice flights there and back before I do it for real.  

What's the plan on adjusting the elevation of the scenery.  Thanks in advance.

Devon

On 1/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, darthman said:

Thanks for responding.  Yes I saw that and that's good for a temporary band aid to get by, but I hope that's not a permanent solution.  We use crash detection to ensure we are flying correctly so keeping if off would negate the ability to leverage the simulation correctly.  I live in Fort Lauderdale and so I wanted to use your scenery to practice flights there and back before I do it for real.  

What's the plan on adjusting the elevation of the scenery.  Thanks in advance.

Devon

The problem is more complicated than just adjusting the elevation, as it has to do with an issue within P3D that is beyond my control. The elevation on my scenery for the most part reflects what it is in real life. I have written P3D regarding that issue, and I am aware of other developers that have as well.

Having said that, I have asked other developers for their opinion on how to solve this issue, and have gotten some valuable feedback as to how this issue might be addressed. It may take some time for me to go through the steps that may or may not solve the crash, but I do take that seriously and will report on any progress.

• Like 1

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs