Sign in to follow this  
psimester

Fatal Error with Steam DLC aircraft

Hi. Many thanks to those who've posted in the past with suggestions for getting Vox panels to appear in FSX Steam DLC aircraft!

I only have one DLC aircraft, but it's one I like to use for training and it would be great to get it working with VoxATC v7. Sadly, whilst I have no trouble getting the panels up and the voices to go through the initialisation process, it always pauses at the end and then gives the ominous 'Fatal Error'.

I've tested various default and add-on aircraft at different airfields and they all work fine; it's just the Carenado DLC that trips it up. On that basis I don't think it's the voices - more likely something to do with the DLC. However, no-one else seems to have a problem with DLC aircraft once the panels are loaded so I'm at a bit of a loss. The aircraft .cfg looks OK and the speech marks seem to be in the right places.

Anyone else had this problem?

Did you look at panel.cfg for the aircraft to see that the VOXATC entries are correct?

Else, enable VOXATC error logging, open the logfile in a text editor and then post in this thread the 10 lines on either side of the FATAL ERROR message line in the log file. We probably won't be able to help you, but you never know. I don't think that anyone has reported such an issue before with VOXATC.

Many thanks for the reply. I confirm that the panel.cfg file does have the correct VoxATC entries.

I've looked through the error log and can only immediately find known 'oddities' (mentioned in another post):

• Exception while initializing Asti - Cannot find AstiInt.dll
  • Exception while intializing iFlyInt - Cannot find iFly.dll
  • Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Here are the last 10 lines as requested:

19:53:39.8186061 BGLFILE 78833.vidx
19:53:39.8186061 BGLFILE 78877.vidx
19:53:39.8186061 BGLFILE 78850.vidx
19:53:39.8186061 BGLFILE 78901.vidx
19:53:39.8196032 BGLFILE 78723.vidx
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.SetLocalFSFlightPlan(FlightPlan fpIn)
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupLocalFlightPlan()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
96563124 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC

As I mentioned in my previous post, all other default and third-party aircraft appear to be OK and I've tried a number of add-on and default airfields.

Any observations or ideas greatfully received! 🙂

Those two "exceptions" are normal. Those libraries are not used in VOXATC 7.

That's a strange FATAL ERROR though. Are you running VOXATC with an IFR flightplan, a VFR flightplan or no flightplan?Try one of the other two options and see what happens. It might just be an odd combination of the aircraft, the airport and the flightplan that is causing this. It almost seems like the user aircraft type is unknown, but I'm just guessing.

Did you run the VOXATC Indexer after you installed the aircraft?

I've tried at various airports, using IFR, VRF and no flight plan. I've also run the Indexer a number of times.

I did notice on latest trials that VoxATC is briefly reporting 'unknown aircraft' before throwing up the Fatal Error. I'm not sure how it becomes an unknown aircraft when I'd previously used the VAPanelSelect.exe to add the panel to the aircraft. I've again checked the panel.cfg against other aircraft and all the relevant VoxATC lines and windows appear to be there.

Thanks for your interest and suggestions, Minister. I may try again from scratch one day and see if I can get VoxATC working with the DLC aircraft, but for now I think it's going to remain one of life's little mysteries 🤔

Let me check further on the "unknown aircraft" error message to see whether the Indexer is failing to catalog it or VAPanelSelect is causing it. The Indexer creates a database of all aircraft available in the P3d4 installation. VAPanelSelect, of course, installs the VOXATC gauges, but in doing so it creates a second database of aircraft that already have the gauges installed. Some users have reported that this database sometimes cannot be updated correctly when adding an additional aircraft. One thing that you can try is to run VAPanelSelect and uninstall all aircraft. Then reinstall all the aircraft that you want to have VOXATC gauges. This recreates the database from scratch.