Sign in to follow this  
JonRamos29

GTN 750 and Carenado C340 - VC-issue

It is now 26th Feb 2020 and between x-plane 11, Carenado and XPR can not come up with any solution to this problem that I also have. I also have issues with the wind speed and direction not being displayed but again it goes very quiet with solutions. Sorry I can help but you do not suffer alone.

Bryan.

1 hour ago, billyout said:

It is now 26th Feb 2020 and between x-plane 11, Carenado and XPR can not come up with any solution to this problem that I also have

Hi,

Like I've said, the issue is in the hands of Carenado at this stage because it appears the files which are distributed from one place are not the same as the ones distributed from another place, as if there is a mix and match of files in the distribution.

If the files distributed are not correct to get started with, no wonder it won't work as expected. This is rooted in 2 items to check for them:

1) Is the 3D model included in the distribution is the correct one, which is one detecting the RXP dataref value and changing displayed polygons accordingly (showing a GTN 3D bezel conditionally)

2) Is the RealityXP.GTN.ini settings file properly configured for the aircraft (I believe this one is correct but it would be better cross-checking)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

It's not RXP's fault.
If I compare my c340 II version from January 2019 with the current one, I see some differences.

The three files GTN750.obj/GTN750_BG.png/GTN750_BG_LIT.png in the object folder are missing.

The RealityXP.GTN.ini is empty and in the folder Carenado C340 II_v1.1\plugins\SASL3_Tbient\data\modules\Custom Module\INST\ReplaceGTN the file ReplaceGTN.secured is a different one.

It seems that carenado deliberately removed the GTN support.

However, it is promised in the description in the shop. Very bad for those for whom that was exactly the reason for the purchase.

Btw... my old version from january 2019 works fine with integrated GTN.

Oddly enough, it also has version number 1.1

On 4/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, minitobo said:

If I compare my c340 II version from January 2019 with the current one, I see some differences.

Let's try to help them:

Have you downloaded them from the same store? Which one(s)?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)