Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Flight1 (Virtavia) BN-2 Islander questions

Sorry for the vague title, but I'm asking a couple of questions about the Islander totally unrelated to each other :happy:

When you turn the fuel cocks on, they point inward towards each other. In some videos of real BN-2s the fuel cocks point forwards. I know there are different cockpit setups, but would this not be standard?

The other question is paint related - the colours sometimes seem a little washed out. A specific example is the FIGAS paint job (freeware), the red and blue seem much more vibrant when looking at the real aircraft. I've also noticed it on some of the schemes supplied with the plane; British Airways, Nature Air. I suspect that the alpha channel might be too shiny.

Your thoughts please. Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

8 hours ago, HighBypass said:

When you turn the fuel cocks on, they point inward towards each other. In some videos of real BN-2s the fuel cocks point forwards. I know there are different cockpit setups, but would this not be standard?

There's no 'standard' in British aircraft 😉  The fuel cocks are only a small item, but I'm surprised that you didn't notice the 180deg rotated non-standard ASI.  I never got used to that one. 

Edited by FDEdev

18 hours ago, FDEdev said:

There's no 'standard' in British aircraft 😉  ...

LOL! I did notice the 180 deg rotated ASI, but I've got used to it and it displays nicely. If the needle's near the bottom of the dial, you'll soon be hitting rock bottom! :laugh: The gauge was used in at least one Islander!!

http://www.ivanberrymandirect.com/BNAPS_Images/BNAPS_News-March_2017.pdf

Page 18

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)