Sign in to follow this  
NavyAce

How Do You Place Ships In FSX?

Hello again,

I have been having good success with people helping me with my FSX problems so here goes, although this is not really a problem, just something I have forgotten how to do.

I have both the AI Carriers and the Vertigo Enterprise CV-6 addons installed in FSX and have successfully used the former in the past. The latter was a later purchase which I installed but never tried to use. The thing is that so much time has passed that I have forgotten how to place the ships in an area of FSX that has water so I can try to take off and land on my carriers. I can find AI Carriers on the FSX toolbar and can navigate to the selection page (I chose the CV-6 for my attempt) and then to the next page where it asks for a position. When I click on 5 miles ahead (to get it ahead of me and away from land) I get an error message saying that the position can't be recognized. I have tried bringing up the FSMap and plotting something but can't figure out how to plot wps on the map, and how to figure out how far away from the plane's position do I have to go to get 5 miles (or 10, or any of the other options). Apparently the download for AI Carriers doesn't come with a readme that details how to do this, nor can I find one in the readme for CV-6. Can someone please refresh my memory? Thanks.

NavyAce

Hi NavyAce,

Yes, apart from the Download basic (readme text) the user placement is fairly sketchy on details.
From your description above, you are not far off the mark, indeed opening the FSmap prior to placement should give you waypoints and a rough idea of your intended placement on the map.
Perhaps this may help..., (with regards the error message) there is a pre-requisite software requirement for Lamont Clarke's - "AI Carriers 2" you must have Java JRE 1.5 as a minimum Java version. I have been routinely updating Oracle Java 32bit for a long time into Win7 currently Version 8 231 (Build 1.8.0_231-B11), check your JRE Java is installed (latest version).