Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

VFR Flying

I don't do much VFR flying and couldn't find much about it in the P2A manual, so I can use some tips. In this particular instance I'll be departing an uncontrolled airport and landing at a controlled airport. I won't need ATC except at the end when I have to contact tower for landing permission and instructions. So how do I set this up in P2A? Do I have to file a flight plan in P2A even though I'm not contacting center to open it? Do I need to get VFR clearance before taking off? Please help the stoopid person. 🤡

Sidney,

It's a lot like the real world.  You can fly VFR with or without a flight plan.  If you want VFR Flight Following, you can file a flight plan and get VFR Clearance on the ground which will include flight following.  Or you can take off and request flight following in the air.  

If you're at an uncontrolled airport, you can call Center frequency to do all this.  (Slight deviation from real world.)  Otherwise you call Clr Del for clearance, Ground for taxi, etc.  

Dave