Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

New Microsoft Edge Browser on 32bit Tablet - not working

Hello Mark and probably other users,

I use an old 32bit Win10 Tablet as my "FMC Device".

I encountered my problem already with Edge Beta (wrote a mail to Mark, but got never responded unfortunately) and I have now installed the official new Edge.

The problem is, on my PC, on my Android phone and on an other Laptop (64bit, Win10) everything is working as it should.

On my 32bit Win10 Tablet I can see the FMC including all displays, but I can't enter anything - keys do not respond.

With old Edge and other browsers it works.

(to switch to an other browser could be a workaround, but I think, I'm not the only one with this problem hopefully and the more will switch to new Edge, the more this problem will occur - if it is really tied to the 32bit?)

Many thanks for any input!

Guenter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 1/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, guenseli said:

Hello Mark and probably other users,

I use an old 32bit Win10 Tablet as my "FMC Device".

I encountered my problem already with Edge Beta (wrote a mail to Mark, but got never responded unfortunately) and I have now installed the official new Edge.

The problem is, on my PC, on my Android phone and on an other Laptop (64bit, Win10) everything is working as it should.

On my 32bit Win10 Tablet I can see the FMC including all displays, but I can't enter anything - keys do not respond.

With old Edge and other browsers it works.

(to switch to an other browser could be a workaround, but I think, I'm not the only one with this problem hopefully and the more will switch to new Edge, the more this problem will occur - if it is really tied to the 32bit?)

Many thanks for any input!

Guenter

Hi Günter,

I will look into this once I can get hold of a Windows tablet.

It seems Windows is handling touch input differently to Android / Apple. As such, I would for now recommend using one of those tablets.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hello Mark,

I was not simming since some weeks, tried it again.

meanwhile, the new Edge Chromium browser is official.

I still have the problem, that I can't use AviAServer, I tried with Edge, Chrome and firefox.

I also found this thread:

But that doesn't also not help ... and I do not have settings like "Touch Events API" in chrome and in Edge there seems to be nothing simliar.

Has anyone has any hints (beside using another tablet - no money for this)?

many thanks

EDIT: the other Laptop I mention above does not have a touch screen.

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

Some thoughts:

As touch works all in all on this tablet and also with other websites, maybe we should think into another direction.

AviaServer behaves there like it has no valid licence, meaning just show data, but no input is possible.

Could it be, that there's a licencing issue?

I have tried to switch of (windows defender) firewall and also set the right port.

Any ideas into this direction?

EDIT: current workaround: I uninstalled New Edge on that tablet. Old Edge still works

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner