Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Loading a saved flight plan

Hi.

I am a newbie to the Phenom and trying to learn how to fly this aircraft. I have discovered that it is not possible to load a saved flight plan if you have the Navigraph pack, which I do have as I like to use the current AIRAC and create my flight plans through SimBrief. I am familiar with the G1000 from other aircraft, so I am sure I am not missing something. From what I understand it is possible to load a saved flight plan only if you don't have the Navigraph pack. It just seems crazy that Carenado would issue an addon package which increases the realism but at the same time removes some of the functionality. I have checked all the options on SimBrief's downloader, and there is nothing for Carenado or Navigraph. Is it not possible to add a patch which would enable us to load saved flight plans with the Navigraph pack? Obviously we can set up the flight plan manually, but this takes time, and one of the reasons for using flight planning software is to try to save time. 

Many thanks.

Adrian

• Like 1

I also use SimBrief and Navigraph. I had to uninstall and reinstall the aircraft without the Navigraph package so I could use my AiviaSoft EFB for flight planning. You no longer have vnav but with the EFB I can feed and change flight plans without the terrible side effect of Carenado's Nav package.

So, I wish someone would create a patch that would allow what you're (and everyone else) asking for. But dont hold your breath for Carenado to do it.

Ron

Hi Adrian, that was exactly my problem. Without Extension Pack i could load flightplans, with Extension Pack it was not possilbe. Crazy and not ok.
I also use the Aivlasoft EFB and with this software the flying is comfortable. Each entry or change in the EFB is immediately set in the Phenom.
When i fly with VATSIM and they give me a Direct to, i choose it in the EFB and the Phenom is going there. Perfect.

Regards Herbert

Thanks for the replies. Fortunately for me I don't currently fly online, so I shouldn't need to change the flight plan on the fly. I will simply have to get used to entering the flight plan manually.

Adrian

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, Adrian West said:

Thanks for the replies. Fortunately for me I don't currently fly online, so I shouldn't need to change the flight plan on the fly. I will simply have to get used to entering the flight plan manually.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, you can check a full trail of Aivlasoft EFB 2.0 for 30 days. Also for offline-flying it is a great tool. For the flightplanning i use SIMBRIEF. Maybe you know it already.

Herbert

• Like 1