Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Auto-ATC... what does it actually offer ?

Wow,

progress is really happening around there mSparks !  I am sure you would be a fruitful member of the Aerowinx PSX community with all of their freeware apps already available, from ACARS and CMC systems to external visual bridges, hardware drivers, etc...

Congratulations !

I hope you can keep bringing new stuff, and I will really try to give AUTO-ATC a fair try one of these days !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Aerowinx PSX

Interesting thought, I gave expanding into MSFS a lot of thought shortly after they announced, but binned the idea as it became obvious what a cluster f' it was going to be for the next few years, plus decided it was better to get the actual framework and implementation rock solid before spreading into other sims/platforms, the sim/operating system specific stuff is also GPL'd in case anyone wanted to port it over to their preferred poison first, XP also has by far the nicest framework I've seen for integration so lots of opportunity for nice fluff without burning to much time on what matters for it.

Thinking I might try and get my IFR endorsement, not sure how feasible that is, but would definitely help a lot, its still very much a process of learn->build->test->fix

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

On 1/8/2021 at 2:11 AM, mSparks said:

Bjoern lambastes me for not documenting it more but I'm really working to the philosophy that its

"a button you press to transmit on a frequency that should behave the same to pressing transmit on a real radio - and everything else is fluff"

about done with the fluff now, onto finishing the meat.

I can also change modes and constantly ask "when will I get some meat outside of airport airspaces" again?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

New website is up, with a proper status page

http://autoatc.zem-solutions.com/Status.html

Also logging all the acars traffic on vatsim/ivao and AutoATC into the acars discord channel.

next couple of weeks will be focused on testing all the IFR and ACARs aspects using the 744, along with cleaning up the plugin release for XP12.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

CONGRATULATIONS @mSpaks !!! 

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Might want to check your ground layouts. Some aircraft are cutting corners in this video and are positioned off centerline. Plus the weird jittering between hold short and the lineup.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

6 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Might want to check your ground layouts. Some aircraft are cutting corners in this video and are positioned of centerline.

yeah, there is still a bit of tuning to do there,

but the autogenerated route maps have come a long way

QrfXMGO.png

and gets made worse because it runs at ultra low bandwidth (1 data frame in 5 seconds), so if it doesn't get a point in the corner it can also cut them.

Most of what is left with the glitches should come from some server side tuning.

Main thing here is client side push back, not always cutting the corners and (theoretically) no more of this utter BS

HXloBz7.png

Plus getting this stuff all working.

• Like 2

AutoATC Developer