Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew PMDG 747 Updated to V1.5

Bryan, not directly related to the PMDG 747, but in the PMDG 737 latest SOP2, can you kindly look at the Approach Brief side where despite Autobrake Level 2 being set in the script and being read out by the PF during that Brief, the PM(the female) says Autobrake 'Off' and does not set it to Level 2, and the PF has to then set it.

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Bryan, not directly related to the PMDG 747, but in the PMDG 737 latest SOP2, can you kindly look at the Approach Brief side where despite Autobrake Level 2 being set in the script and being read out by the PF during that Brief, the PM(the female) says Autobrake 'Off' and does not set it to Level 2, and the PF has to then set it.

Is that the NGX-U version? 

Just now, byork said:

Is that the NGX-U version? 

Thanks for the reply, Bryan. I will double-check if it only occurs in the NGXu, but it definitely is the case in the previous version NGX as on the 4 flights I have made in last 2 days using the NGX737-700, and using the FS2Crew SOP2, I had to turn on the auto-brake myself. Landing, Runway turn-off,and Taxi lights I have accepted is the PF's responsibility, when calling for the Runway Entry Procedure(Button version, the only versions I use).

10 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for the reply, Bryan. I will double-check if it only occurs in the NGXu, but it definitely is the case in the previous version NGX as on the 4 flights I have made in last 2 days using the NGX737-700, and using the FS2Crew SOP2, I had to turn on the auto-brake myself. Landing, Runway turn-off,and Taxi lights I have accepted is the PF's responsibility, when calling for the Runway Entry Procedure(Button version, the only versions I use).

Look on Page 22.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngxu

In SOP 2, you would set the Autobrake.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

7 minutes ago, byork said:

Look on Page 22.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngxu

In SOP 2, you would set the Autobrake.

Cheers,

Thanks for that Bryan, but then why does she say 'Autobrake Off' when the Approach Brief clearly states whatever level I chose?

The PF setting the autobrake levels, that bit  I can understand.

2 hours ago, byork said:

I think the Checklist is based on the physical position of the knob, not the selection on the Approach Briefing page.

So,on that basis, let me figure this correctly,when I input that Approach Brief data, even though I have inputted Autobrake 2, it's up to me as the PF to set the knob matching to that Brief on the panel, and only then she will call out that correct Autobrake Level?

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

So,on that basis, let me figure this correctly,when I input that Approach Brief data, even though I have inputted Autobrake 2, it's up to me as the PF to set the knob matching to that Brief on the panel, and only then she will call out that correct Autobrake Level?

Yes, in SOP 2 you set the autobrake during cruise.  Remember you're the PF, so in cruise you pass control to the FO, so he becomes the PF while you're setting up the plane for the approach.  He needs to focus on flying while your head is down setting up.

Then when you call for the Checklist, she'll read the autobrake position based on what you physically set.

Thanks for all that Bryan. Did precisely that last night.