Sign in to follow this  
zalox

Streaming - Uploading P2P

When we start downloading data from Azure servers I don't know if saturation will occur time to time causing loading problems at peak hours, but what about our uploading speed?

That photorrealistic textures cached in our systems could be uploaded to someone else needing a push, like P2P does.

I'm convinced to the scalability, resilency and so from Azure datacenters all around the globe, but even Windows 10 does similar with their Update system, if enabled.

I don't remember if in the survey they ask for that or only downstream speed?

I would not allow P2P on my system.  Security risk.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Of course if a feature like this will come with the product (disabled by default) and you will have the option to enable it.

As seen in the feedback snapshot, testers have complaints about loading textures, maybe not by satured links, but in the future is a problem that we could have.