Sign in to follow this  
RC36

Approach

Hi there 

I usually don’t use ATC but decided to give this a try since there’s the 10 day free trial.

What i will need to know is when I’m getting reading for my approach and closer to my TD will the ATC give me instructions to descend and give me the vectors for my approach or do I have to contact ATC first?

i know with my times using FSX ATC will contact me and tell me to descend etc etc.

do I just follow my flight plan or do I get in touch with ATC or will they contact me to give me procedures for my approach?

last night I did a short flight and everything went well but I flew over my destination and ATC never told me to descend.

If you're on an IFR flight, then you start with clearance delivery and are in contact with ATC for taxi, takeoff, enroute, approach and landing.  You will get instructions to descend at TOD or at the beginning of your STAR if you have one in the flight plan.

A Bing or Google search for "pilot2atc ifr flight" should give you several videos of start to finish IFR flights with Pilot2ATC.

Dave

4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you're on an IFR flight, then you start with clearance delivery and are in contact with ATC for taxi, takeoff, enroute, approach and landing.  You will get instructions to descend at TOD or at the beginning of your STAR if you have one in the flight plan.

A Bing or Google search for "pilot2atc ifr flight" should give you several videos of start to finish IFR flights with Pilot2ATC.

Dave

Thanks Dave,I’ve been watching some tutorials and I’ll be watching some more.

I know there’s the manual to but sometimes the time is not to much to do everything.

The reason I asked it’s because like I mention on my way to destination I got to the TD and I never heard anything from ATC so I’m wondering  like is ATC the one that should contact me first or should I contact ATC first lol.

Ricky