Sign in to follow this  
Warren Allred

GTN Keeps saying update available...

So I download it - Extract - Have run right away, have also done a quick uninstall of the X-Plane 11 version via Control Panel and it still pops up saying I need the new update (version 2.5.22.2) - Continues to say I have 2.5.22.0

What am I missing please?

3 hours ago, Warren Allred said:

Have run right away

Hi,

Can you please confirm you're running the e-commerce installers, which are included in the downloaded .zip file from the 'update notification' window, and then, you've run them using the "reinstall" button?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 2/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

Can you please confirm you're running the e-commerce installers, which are included in the downloaded .zip file from the 'update notification' window, and then, you've run them using the "reinstall" button?

Yes that's exactly what I am doing - With anti-virus disabled and as Administrator.  Just got another popup today - Downloaded - Unzipped - Now I am out of activations since I've done it so many times.

12 hours ago, Warren Allred said:

Yes that's exactly what I am doing...

...Downloaded - Unzipped

Then after 'unzipped' what about (I'm not sure you've done this step or not):

running the e-commerce installers and then reinstalling using the "reinstall" button?

If you've reach the activation limit, please see you PM.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Yes I get two new installers (650/750) run each as admin and click reinstall. And it appears all goes well.

Did it again after cleansing the registry of all reality-XP stuff in addition to all the file directories and X-Plane plugin folders - I'll see if it pops up again.

14 minutes ago, Warren Allred said:

run each as admin

Why risking a bug in a program wipes out your hard drive because it runs as-admin when it doesn't need to?

PS: Let alone running anything as-admin get special 'rights' when creating files and registry keys which may make them inaccessible from programs which are not run as admin later...

Edited by RXP

Why risking a bug in a program wipes out your hard drive because it runs as-admin when it doesn't need to?

PS: Let alone running anything as-admin get special 'rights' when creating files and registry keys which may make them inaccessible from programs which are not run as admin later...

Because it didn't work right the first time and there are no installation logs to review to aid in troubleshooting.