Sign in to follow this  
air_skimmer

Optimizing Graphics Settings

Steve and or anyone who can help, 

I have had the DX10 fixer for quite since time and can't get my graphics ironed out so I'm seeking some advice. I have a little older setup being a AMD FX 6300 OC to 4.0 i have 16gb of ram on windows 10 x64, Phoenix Asus GTX 1050Ti i have version 5.3.139 of your fixer and have all settings within factory and my AA set to 8x in nvidia insp. I have AA set to 4x multi and 8x SGSS. Fsx cfg only has highmem fix, graphicsmaxload and force VC shadows, and Affinitymask of 84. When I run DX10 I only am getting like 5-13fps in the virtual cockpit and without DX10 no libraries installed-totally removed from my system I get 25-35. What settings can I put in place to improve my fps? 

Cheers,

Benjamin

Edited by air_skimmer
Typos

Frame rates are either limited by GPU anti aliasing or by the CPU  (or very occasionally by 32 bit water textures)

Uninstalling the fixer from control panel (as opposed to uninstalling the libraries) has no impact on performance as its just deleting some files from your disk that are (when libraries are uninstalled) unconnected to FSX.

Your first test should be to reinstall fixer but do not install the libraries.  This is useful because the controller can edit fsx.cfg for you for testing purposes.

Use the fixer DX10 controller make sure that DX10 is selected as the graphics API and then set MSAA off using the controller pull down (NVI MSAA settings do not work for DX10 remember)

In all tests bear in mind that shaders may need to be recompiled so having loaded the test flight make sure that you rotate around the aircraft in spot view before you record a figure.

Do not change any settings in FSX 

1) measure your frame rates in DX10 preview , no AA with no fixer libraries installed.   These are the settings that  we selected above

2) using the controller   set MSAA to 4x using controller and then using NVI set SGSSAA to 4x - (NOT 8x - you cannot set 8x with 4x MSAA as the render target has only 4 samples.)  Measure frame rate again.

4) repeat 3) but this time install the fixer libraries.

Edited by SteveFx
corrections