Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Brandes

All buttons in DX10 Controller v5.3 are greyed out

Hello,

I recently purchased both DX10 Scenery Fixer (v.5.3.139) and DX10 Cloud Shadows (v3.1). I followed the user manual of DX10 Scenery Fixer and managed to successfully install and license the software. I used your recommended settings in the setup process and set Anti Aliasing to No AA, as I am using FXAA in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

I then closed DX10 Controller and opened up Flight Simulator X (Steam Edition) where I continued to adjust settings according to your guide. I went for a test run and everything seemed to be working fine.

I closed down FSX and went on to install DX10 Cloud Shadows. I ran the MSI installer and it seemed to complete successfully. I then opened up DX10 Controller but was met with a bunch of greyed out buttons (unlike the the screenshot in the user manual). I tried a lot of different things (including uninstalling everything according the manual, removing all folders, and reinstalling everything again) but I was met with the same greyed out buttons over and over.

The only time I was able to interact with the buttons was immediately after having clicked the Install button in DX10 Controller. So I figured that, if I clicked the Uninstall button in DX10 Controller after having run the MSI installer for Cloud Shadows and then went on to click the Install button again, I would be able to license the addon. And that seems to work. The Addons button appeared and I could enter my license key and finalize the installation of Cloud Shadows.

I checked all settings one extra time and they seemed to be fine so I saved my profile, closed DX10 Controller, and started up FSX again. I didn't notice any particular improvements to the clouds nor the environment in general. So I closed down FSX and opened DX10 Controller only to see the buttons being greyed out again.

I have been reading your manual very carefully but I really do not understand what I'm doing wrong. Is there anything obvious I am missing here?

For your reference, my email address is: s@9r.dk

Here is a copy of my FSX.CFG file: https://pastebin.com/SW6wHJkV

Also, here is a report of my system (from CPU-Z): https://infallible-tereshkova-16eada.netlify.com/

H81xNPq.png

This issue was caused because the OP had a very very short email address - I have added a better length check when the license is originally entered and supplied him with replacement licenses which I hope will prove to be ok.