Sign in to follow this  
Coryb

No cabin crew input in SOP1 (voice)

Hi Bryan,

I am not getting any support from cabin staff in voice or actions. It is just as though they are not aboard!  I get no request to start boarding, or pre start report from the senior cabin attendant and the doors are not closed by fs2crew. Also, I do not hear a word from the FO prior to my initiation of the pre start procedures,  which I am sure that I should. For instance, I seem to remember he would tell me that he was off for his pre flight walk around and later report all was well.

Once into the checklists and flight procedures communication with my FO goes as normal.

I am using the latest version of fs2crew B737NGX reboot Prepar3D v4.  My fs is prepar3dv4.5.  Config pages are set for airline operation (not military) and I have checked that the option for fs2crew to operate doors and air stairs is selected.  All this using SOP1.

I have reinstalled fs2crew with no improvement.

Can you help?

Brian.

Hi Brian

I also use the SOP1 and don't have any of the problems you are describing.  Can you confirm you are pressing 'Run Preflight Events' in the Config window otherwise I don't think you will here the FO say he is 'starting his walk around' - do you see the timer counting down in the main display.

Glen

Glen

Glen,

Thank you for your reply.

I would confirm that I do indeed press “ Run preflight events”  in the Config window and the timer does run down to zero.

I have observed that fs2crew does close the cargo doors at 3 mins, as it should, but does not close the forward passenger door at the end of timer count down as it should!

I should point out that I have used the programme over a number of years, including the  737ngx version,quite successfully.  This problem has only recently surfaced following a few months away from my fs!

Maybe It’s something I said to the senior stewardess!  Got to be so careful these days.

Brian

Ok I think this is one for Bryan, you could be right Cabin Crew can be a touchy lot  😉

Glen

If the problem just started happening out of the blue, I suspect it's an audio issue.

Go to your audio speaker setup in Windows.  Ensure your speaker setup is set to "Stereo".

And update your audio drivers.

A Windows update not too long ago monkeyed with a lot of people audio devices.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your suggestion which as is as usual spot on the money.  My foul up was in the audio settings and all is now well, I am back to being surrounded by a large and competent staff!

Not the first time you have rescued me, thanks again.

Brian