Sign in to follow this  
JKawai

GTN750 not showing in the 3D cockpit

Hi guys

After two hours googling, not getting anywhere. Just bought the GTN750 today for the S340 and it won't show (as in, no bezel, not integrated), no matter what I try. XP 11.41, Garmin 2.5.23.0.

Tried removing all other plugins, tried using a fresh install of the carenado. 

I can see it listed in plugins, and it's enabled, and I can get a popup window (black, with EXT pwr, batt and avionics on), but it's not integrated into the cockpit.

ini here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PdhyYADvNDca3R0VzTGLNNHGawm2vqJb

Log here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uQQzikfhPjz03GBBObYtbpJJ3LM-WXXb

Any help desperately appreciated, thanks.

Jon

EDIT: Just to add, even with power 'always on', it's still a black screen. Including with all other plugins in plugin manager disabled. This is the same if I load a default Cessna Skyhawk, set power to always on and load the window, it's black.

2ND EDIT: Also with further googling now concerned it won't work in VR, is this true? 

Edited by JKawai

Hi,

perhaps we are missing the point a little bit: Carenado S340 same as my Carenado says it supports RealityXP GTN750. But it doesn't work.

What I learned meanwhile:

• I know how to render the screen contents of the GTN750/650 into any panel screen of my aircraft. Looks funny sometimes, as the aspect ratio doesn't match, but basically it works.

• F33A has GTN objects. They show up as soon as I activate RXP GTN(x)50_1. I cannot make them disappear by any setting in the RealityXP.GTN.ini. And I cannot render the contents into this object, either. As it is not part of the panels.

• For the time being the limits of my know-how 🙂

So the - at present a bit disappointing - conclusion is: Airplanes, that do not support RXP GTN actually do, but lmited to exchanging the contents of an existing panel window by an other. Airplanes that say to support RXP GTN actually don't. At least not when just installing.

Sorry to say so - this is not what I was hoping for.

Greetings,
Norbert

Edited by Gelfling
typo

Post Scriptum:

For Carenado aircraft supporting GTN750 this seems to do the trick:

[GTN_750_1.PANEL3D]
; display window if true.
visible = true 
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true 
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = PANEL3D
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 1218,2048,830,1024
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = true 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true 

Credits to Bing 🙂

1 hour ago, Gelfling said:

Does it mean at least for these aircraft it is now working as you were expecting?

I fail to find any difference between this and the ini file you've linked above though?!?!

As for other aircraft this depends but any aircraft with a RXP preset is supposed to work out the box.

But there is a question of QA: some vendors are not always following our integration guidelines though (one for example used to set the RealityXP.GTN.ini as read only...), and there has been some discussions at the x-plane.org and here about a few Carendado aircraft with a missing or broken ini file depending from which store you downloaded them from (as if one store was mixing some of the aircraft files from different revisions or from another aircraft altogether).

There is also from time to time an issue that shows up with a few customers and Carenado aircraft where the ini file 3D panel rendering section frame.rect= resets to 0,0,0,0. I still can't figure this one out because the RXP plugin never ever writes these entries (it only reads them) unless there is no ini file to get started with, in which case, it saves a default section as reference.

There is an easy way to prevent this, and user errors, to ruin the .ini file and this has been documented for a long time now both directly to vendors and in the RXP manual (see 3rd party vendor settings and Integration Guidelines for locked and default settings), but it seems no one is using these facilities which would reduce drastically support issues, and time...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, Gelfling said:

I know how to render the screen contents of the GTN750/650 into any panel screen of my aircraft. Looks funny sometimes, as the aspect ratio doesn't match, but basically it works.

this sounds great to me!

I wish it was simpler than this but XPlane SDK is too limiting and despite we're asking the devs to extend the XPlane SDK with a few additions simplifying all this, along with some other fellow 3rd party developers, I believe their resources is mostly on Vulkan and I'm not certain our requests are even considered as sound additions...

For more informations about the integration to 3D panels, there is a tutorial explaining in more details some of the concepts discussed above:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

@JKawai you're right! I've got confused!

If you read the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file:

NB:it would have been easier you copy/paste the content of these files in your post, it is only text

20/03/13 11:10:37.775 06700 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.23.0
20/03/13 11:10:37.774 06700 INFO ]
20/03/13 11:11:33.247 06700 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported
20/03/13 11:11:33.254 06700 INFO ] installed:
20/03/13 11:11:33.255 06700 INFO ] 6623 nav: F:\GTN Trainer Program Data\Databases\
20/03/13 11:11:33.257 06700 INFO ] 6620 nav: F:\GTN Trainer Program Data\Databases\Z

It looks like you've installed the trainer 6.62.0 database (was included in Trainers installer 2.6.0.0 and the latest 2.7.0.0)

You've also installed the trainer 6.62.3 database, but it also find a previous database installation in a 'Z' subfolder. This shouldn't be a problem but it is good information for you to monitor in case this causes additional problems later.

However, it also say there is no trainer or none supported.

Which GTN trainer have you installed and where (full path)? Are you sure you've installed the GTN trainer and not the GTN_XI trainer?

1 hour ago, Gelfling said:

Post Scriptum:

[GTN_750_1.PANEL3D]
; display window if true.
visible = true 
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true 
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = PANEL3D
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 1218,2048,830,1024
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = true 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true 

Credits to Bing 🙂

Thanks but no cigar unfortunately. Same result, no integration, black screen

Edited by RXP

5 minutes ago, RXP said:

@JKawai you're right! I've got confused!

If you read the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file:

NB:it would have been easier you copy/paste the content of these files in your post, it is only text

20/03/13 11:10:37.775 06700 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.23.0
20/03/13 11:10:37.774 06700 INFO ]
20/03/13 11:11:33.247 06700 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported
20/03/13 11:11:33.254 06700 INFO ] installed:
20/03/13 11:11:33.255 06700 INFO ] 6623 nav: F:\GTN Trainer Program Data\Databases\
20/03/13 11:11:33.257 06700 INFO ] 6620 nav: F:\GTN Trainer Program Data\Databases\Z

It looks like you've installed the trainer 6.62.0 database (was included in Trainers installer 2.6.0.0 and the latest 2.7.0.0)

You've also installed the trainer 6.62.3 database, but it also find a previous database installation in a 'Z' subfolder. This shouldn't be a problem but it is good information for you to monitor in case this causes additional problems later.

However, it also say there is no trainer or none supported.

Which GTN trainer have you installed and where (full path)? Are you sure you've installed the GTN trainer and not the GTN_XI trainer?

thanks for such a quick response.

the folders are

gtn trainer & gtn trainer program data

in the latter, under databases, tehre is one folder - fc_tpc. i dont' see a 'z' folder.

i just installed what it told me to on running it. sigh

EDIT: on launching trainer, it is saying 'xi'. i'll try to uninstall and reinstall, got to figure out how to do that now

Edited by JKawai

GTN750 not showing in the 3D cockpit but it shows in my RealSimGear physical device and works ok.

Any thoughts???

Edited by RXP

Nighthawk

@nighthawk I'd suggest you read the posts above yours, they have all the information needed to answer why and how.