Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

F1 G500/600 integration in F1 aircraft?

Hello,

I have the Flight1 Arrow and I love the airplane. Does it support in-panel VC integration of the G500/600? And I do understand that you need the GTN as well. I just want to know if I can put all of this stuff in the Arrow's VC panel. 

Thanks!

I believe the simple answer is: No.

I have seen few airplanes that support the F1 G600 in the VC...  Alabeo Seminole is the one I use.

Bert

I also fly the Seminole, from Bert's recommendation, of course. 

The T206H SoloyMK2 supports the G600/500 -GTN750. worth a look. (you will be surprised,)

bob

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I believe the simple answer is: No.

I have seen few airplanes that support the F1 G600 in the VC...  Alabeo Seminole is the one I use.

Thanks Bert. Pretty pointless to have a PFD that doesn't even integrate into your own airplanes. Something like a GTN it really doesn't matter, you can use it just fine as a pop-out, but for something for which the entire point is to replace the 6-pack, not being able to integrate it into a panel defeats the entire purpose. 

It all depends on what you are looking for...  I quite enjoy flying the Seminole..

(Glass half full..)  :cool:

Bert

17 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It all depends on what you are looking for...  I quite enjoy flying the Seminole..

(Glass half full..)  :cool:

Yeah, I'm sure it's a great airplane, but two isn't a real big choice. They have two airplanes this integrates with. Why would they not build it from the ground up to work in their own aircaft?

My personal situation is that I'm working on my RW instrument rating in a Cherokee 180 with a GTN750 and dual G5's, which are not available in P3D. I want to get used to looking at a Garmin PFD for airspeed, heading, altitude, VS, etc., and the G500/600 would fit the bill. I have the Flight1 Arrow and I love it. It's kind of mind-boggling that this software doesn't work in it.

Edited by mtr75

Does the G5/600 work like the GTN in that you can pop it out, undock the window, and drag it to an iPad that's connected? 

22 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Does the G5/600 work like the GTN in that you can pop it out, undock the window, and drag it to an iPad that's connected? 

It pops up just as the gtn does, but why not try the Seminole as an ifr trainer?

It is well suited for the purpose..

• Like 1

Bert

39 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It pops up just as the gtn does, but why not try the Seminole as an ifr trainer?

It is indeed, though I would prefer to train in a single as I am in real life. Although better to "train up" than the other way around.

I have the RXP GTN750 and love it and I'm sure the F1 750 will be fine as well. I just wish they offered a discount because you have to buy that in order to get the G500/600. Or is the G500/600 included with the Seminole? (I doubt it)

Thanks for the feedback, Bert.

I understand... but yes, the G600 is currently the only reason that I keep the F1 GTN running..  Expensive... yes, but not compared to airplane rentals.. :cool:

Bert

44 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hey Bert,

Now that I look at it I see this:

• Steam gauges and G600 panels

https://www.justflight.com/product/alabeo-pa44-seminole-for-fsx-and-p3d

So actually the Seminole does come with the G600 panel already, and all I would have to do is buy the Flight1 GTN Complete package? That would change things. I'd lay out $100 to have that setup.

3 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Hey Bert,

Now that I look at it I see this:

• Steam gauges and G600 panels

https://www.justflight.com/product/alabeo-pa44-seminole-for-fsx-and-p3d

So actually the Seminole does come with the G600 panel already, and all I would have to do is buy the Flight1 GTN Complete package? That would change things. I'd lay out $100 to have that setup.

It comes with a Carenado G600 which is "OK".. and which you could try to use even with your RXP GTN 750.. :smile:

The F1 G600 comes with synthetic vision and the full Garmin function set.. it looks really good IMHO..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

If you do get the Seminole, send me a PM... I have made a few changes to the autopilot to make it more like the real thing..

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

It comes with a Carenado G600 which is "OK".. and which you could try to use even with your RXP GTN 750.. :smile:

The F1 G600 comes with synthetic vision and the full Garmin function set.. it looks really good IMHO..

Interesting! My interest in the G600 is simply to get my eyes looking at glass. Like I said, my Cherokee has dual G5's, so you get the PFD on the top with airspeed, VS, altitude, slip/skid, etc., and what is essentially a electronic HSI on the bottom. So I'm not really interested in the integrated GPS nav coupled from the 750 or anything. I'd just like to use the 750 for nav, approaches, etc., and have a glass panel to look at to get my eyes used to it (I did my private pilot training and first 250 hours on steam gauges).

If I can just buy the Seminole and get the basic G600 functionality and use my RXP 750 popped-out on my iPad as I've been doing, this might be a fantastic solution for me. Many, many thanks, Bert!

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

If you do get the Seminole, send me a PM... I have made a few changes to the autopilot to make it more like the real thing..

I will most definitely do that! In fact I am going to get it, I just have to go back upstairs and help the Mrs. with the rest of the spring cleaning first! 🤣

If you don't mind sending me that PM (and anything you might have about the RXP 750 and the Seminole) I would be so greatly appreciative!