Sign in to follow this  
jas891

Can't buy - unacceptable security

Hi RealityXP folks,

[message edited for libellous content]

Edited by RXP

Hi,

Please understand however you're feeling right now doesn't excuses the tone of your message, nor its content.

You might havre brought up valid points but they are unfortunately mixed so much with noise it makes it hard if not impossible to read them.

Let me try to further help you

It looks like you have a great product and I was itching to buy it. Then I ran into the trojan. Now I have seen your excuses about it being a false positive

Can you please let us know exactly when trojan are you talking about?

Then it tells me I need to be online and I need to give it Administrator access.

Are you sure you're talking about a Reality XP product?

First, you only need online access during installation in order to download the Garmin trainer.

Second, we never ever, nor I, encourages anyone to run anything as-admin. As a matter of fact, please do search the RXP forums for anything "ad-admin" and you'll get my stance about this. I do agree with you.

First off, get SSL on your site today, no excuses!

The RXP website should be accessible both with and without the 's'. Nevertheless, you're downloading our e-commerce installers from a different server (easy to see where the 'download' button on our website links to).

In any case, if you don't feel confident with the purchase process I can only suggest you don't, or you wait until our operations match your expectations. That would be a safe decision without any risk but not enjoying our products (if this is considered a risk at all).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I do see the SSL is available and I recommend having your site redirect http to https every time.

Windows warned me that the file was a trojan when I first downloaded it. Since I told it to download anyway it doesn't bring the message back but others have had this problem. Here is an old post from someone else discussing it with you: 

I see that I am downloading from another site, but then it begs the question, why are they not SSL secured and why are you using their service if they aren't?   Them not having SSL wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't compounded by the virus thing. 

As for admin access, when I run the E-Commerce installer it insists that I have an internet connection and admin rights. I can't place a screenshot but it is the text under "Before You Begin!".

In the forum post I mentioned above, Steve Crain got it exactly right, we really shouldn't be "working around flashing red lights screaming don't be foolish." I am sorry for the tone of my last message but I really am upset to see that you suggested that these people start white listing things to get by. I'm sorry that kaspersky flagged things the wrong way but in that post above you really are asking people to take all of the shields down. 

I am encouraged by where you said "wait until our operations match your expectations". I hope that this is underway and these issues will be resolved soon because I am truly very excited about using your product. It has gotten excellent reviews and looks amazing.

Thank you Frank. I've seen that topic as well and I understand that it is considered a false positive. It isn't really enough said, and I look forward to realityxp getting this solved so customers can safely get this product.

It is not RealityXP nor F1 that need to solve this issue. The e-commerce application uses Themida by Oreans which is an almost uncrackable protection. If they used anything else piracy would be rampant for their products. Oreans explains it all here:

https://www.oreans.com/help/tm/hm_virus.htm

We all have to bare this cross unfortunately thanks to software pirates.

Edited by RXP