Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

Win 10/64 Home File Sharing problem

I have 4 PCs (I'll call them PC1, PC2, PC3, and PC4) all running Win 10/64 Home (Ver 1903, OS Build 18362.720).  They are all connected via a wired switch.

I've setup all of the drives to be shared on the private network. 

One PC (PC3) can see all of the other PCs and seems to implement sharing nominally.  This suggests that the drives are setup to share correctly since at least one PC can see/manipulate all of the drives on all of the PCs.

The other 3 PCs can only see PC1 and not the other 3 PCs.

I use Input Director with PC1 as the master and the others are slaves.  I can move the cursor across all 4 PCs.  I can also use the keyboard across all 4 PCs.

One consequence of this situation is that I cannot get Air Manager (on PC4) to see P3Dv4.4 which is hosted on PC1.

Thoughts how to fix this PC sharing  problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks much.

Scott

Were you able to fix this problem, I have the same issue.  Probably more simple setup just using a home network (or probably just "network" now with the new Windows 10 nomenclature).

This all started when I went to update Activesky for P3D v5 and a screen pops up asking for the P3D location.  I use a network setup but my P3D computer does not show up.  

On the P3D computer:  Click on File Explorer - Network.  I see both my computers (P3D computer called Concorde....of course and second computer called Diamond).  No problem.

On the Second Computer where I will install Activesky.  Click on File Explorer - Network.  I see nothing...no network computers.

Strange thing is that everything is shared and if I go to the top of File explorer and type in "\\Concorde".....boom all shared files show up, I can copy, paste, edit...all working.

I know this is a problem with an update on Windows 10, just wondering if anyone here knows how to fix this problem.   thanks!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000