Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

planes dissappear near gate.

Hi.
During the last few weeks, I have made many flights and I have been able to verify that many planes land, and do the taxi correctly. When they get very close to the gate, many are immobile, but PSXT locates them immediately. The same with those who come to the gate and pass through it. PSXT backs them up and places them at the correct gate.
But there are others who stay a little further and do not make the final turn. Many go undetected. And simply: they disappear.
My question is more of an idea:
Could there be an option in which we would write the name of the gate in the UI and psxt when reading it would drag the plane to that door? In this way, many aircraft (especially ATR) would not dissappear in the apron.
I attach a photo as an example of what happens to many planes. They stay a little further and disappear. They are not intercepted by the program. (which is very logical due to the distance)

thanks kiek for listening to all of us and for your program!

here is one example:

9OFK5RR9_t.png

http://imgbox.com/9OFK5RR9

thanks! abraham.

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

Could there be an option in which we would write the name of the gate in the UI and psxt when reading it would drag the plane to that door? In this way, many aircraft (especially ATR) would not dissappear in the apron.

Hi Abraham,

I understand your disappointment when an arriving aircraft disappears so close too a gate, but too far for PSXT's gate finding algorithm.

The first problem I have with your solution is that an arriving aircraft may disappear more than once (due to missing data in RT) when taxiing from the runway to a gate. How does PSXT know that it is the final disappearance caused by the pilot switching off the transponder? Problem nr 2: there can me more than one aircrat arriving, so you also have to give the callsign of the aircraft in the UI. Problem nr 3: does the user know the (internal) coding of gates, used in the AFCAD?

This needs some more thought, but thanks anyway for bringing up the idea. Much appreciated!

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi Abraham,

I understand your disappointment when an arriving aircraft disappears so close too a gate, but too far for PSXT's gate finding algorithm.

The first problem I have with your solution is that an arriving aircraft may disappear more than once (due to missing data in RT) when taxiing from the runway to a gate. How does PSXT know that it is the final disappearance caused by the pilot switching off the transponder? Problem nr 2: there can me more than one aircrat arriving, so you also have to give the callsign of the aircraft in the UI. Problem nr 3: does the user know the (internal) coding of gates, used in the AFCAD?

This needs some more thought, but thanks anyway for bringing up the idea. Much appreciated!

Nico

Thanks Nico for your prompt response!
As for the doubts that you transmit to me, you are right, I suppose that the problem should be analyzed further.
I can think of some answers, and I hope they can favor the continuity of this idea.
1) As you say, the user would have to put the gate number and the flight code, because there may be several.
2) in my case, I have fstramp, and therefore, I can see on the map the name of each of the gates on afcad.. (I don't know if the number would be enough)
3) Indeed, an airplane can disappear when leaving a runway and then reappear near its door. So perhaps this measure would be voluntary. The user could choose the plane they want to take to their gate. And if, once parked, a flight with the same name reappears, the second would disappear.

well, these answers come from an word not allowed person like me, who does not know how difficult it can be to develop software. but the illusion directs me!

thanks once again. I repeat: psxt is a program without which prepa3d becomes desolate and poor for many of us.

abraham.