Sign in to follow this  
Francesco Tripi

GTN650 Reality XP black screen

Hi everyone, I have read many forums on the subject but nobody has solved my problem, maybe talking about it directly changes something. I have bought the GTN650 of Reality XP for a few weeks and I was interested in making it work on the C172 both by default and A2A. I installed everything but, when I turn on the avionics the GTN remains off and I don't know how to turn it on. Would you help me out? I am desperate! Thank you in advantage

Edited by RXP

Hi,

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see RXP User's Manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi, I found 3 files so I'm going to copy all of them, hope that's what you need.

1) rxpGTN.gau

20/03/19 13:01:45.406 09868 -    ] # rxpGTN.DLL version 2.5.22.2
20/03/19 13:01:45.406 09868 INFO ] 

2) rxpGTN_menu.dll

20/03/18 18:31:24.078 07344 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.22.0
20/03/18 18:31:24.099 07344 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\panel\panel.cfg
20/03/18 18:32:11.448 01280 INFO ] 
20/03/18 18:32:11.509 01280 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\panel\panel.cfg
20/03/18 18:33:10.179 14236 INFO ] 
20/03/18 18:33:10.263 14236 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\panel\panel.cfg
20/03/18 18:33:47.255 04280 INFO ] 
20/03/18 18:33:47.315 04280 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\panel\panel.cfg

3) rxpGTnSim.dll

20/03/19 13:01:45.928 09868 -    ] # rxpGtnSim32.dll version 2.5.22.2
20/03/19 13:01:45.927 09868 INFO ]

I hope this is what you asked me, if not, I'll do my best to find whatever will be needed.

Jest a note, trying to reply to your comment I think I wrongly reported your comment. I'm so sorry, my fault, I'm new to this.

Thank you.

I just took care of this "Report"!  Tough decision on whether to ban Jean-Luc, or not! :laugh:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

@Francesco Tripi Thank you, this is exactly what I was expecting: you're not using the latest version.

Please make sure to update your RXP GTN to 2.5.23 (open GUI Settings Panel and click the "Check Updates...")

@charliearon Hi, thank you for your understanding! :cool:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

It is installed alongside the add-on in your drive, to the location which the installer is reporting during installation.

It is no different than any other Windows program you'd install on your computer and it installs therefore in a very similar location as any other program you've ever installed on your system (most of them at least).

I'm also certain searching your computer in clicking the Windows logo (bottom left) then typing with your keyboard the following letters one after the other:

Reality XP Manual

Will show you a list of items which is certainly and remarkably pertinent to what you're looking for.

If not this means it is not installed properly anyhow and you should therefore reinstall.

If it does this means you've found what you're looking for, and in addition, you've learned how to search things on your computer all by yourself!

Last but not least, if you know how to search on google.com, it is no so dissimilar on your computer. And actually should you've used google search for "Reality XP GTN Manual" I'm quite confident you've already got the answer you're looking for.

Hi, I found everything at the end and updated to the last version but nothing changed.

For sure I checked the manual, google and all that useless stuff, that thing doesn't work.

So do you have any solution? Cause you know...when I pay for a product I expect that the product works..

On 3/20/2020 at 8:25 AM, Francesco Tripi said:

Hi, I found 3 files so I'm going to copy all of them, hope that's what you need.

I'm glad you've sorted this out.

Can you please post the log files again, now that you're using the latest version?