Sign in to follow this  
flycln

Kneeboard not working

Just got the Falcon and I'm really happy with it. Only issue I have is I can't get the kneeboard to work. See image. All I get is an empty frame, no matter which of the options at the top I click.

Anybody got an idea how I can fix that?

nM9BpvS.jpg

1 hour ago, flycln said:

Anybody got an idea how I can fix that?

That is certainly strange. What sim are you using, and does the Kneeboard work for other a/c?

In your Falcon50 main directory do you have the following two files:

1. Falcon50_Check.htm

2. Falcon50_REF.htm

And if you have them, if you open them with WORD, do you get something that looks reasonable?

Al

Edited by ark

I've just never used it before in any other plane. The files are there and now I'm thinking it might be an issue with ReShade. (not surprising, I know :p)

30 minutes ago, flycln said:

I've just never used it before in any other plane. The files are there and now I'm thinking it might be an issue with ReShade. (not surprising, I know :p)

I'm guessing you are using P3Dv4. You can open the Kneeboard from either the P3D drop down Vehicle menu (with P3D in Window mode), or from the Falcon50 Clipboard (Shift + 1 ). The Kneeboard Keys option is provided by P3D while the Checklist and Reference options are provided by the two files in the Falcon50 directory listed above.

Under the P3D Vehicle menu there is an option called Instrument Panel. Load the default F-35 and then select the Instrument Panel/Default Radio Stack option and see if that works. Or, for that matter, just try the F-35 Checklist option. If none of those work that confirms the problem is not really with the Falcon50, but rather some kind of P3D issue as you have suggested.

Also, under the P3D Options/Display option, suggest you check that the 2-D panel transparency slider is at some low value, like 5 or 10 %, at least to start.

Al

Edited by ark

It's definitely just Reshade. Uninstalling Reshade fixed it.

Sorry for wasting your time! 😉

4 minutes ago, flycln said:

It's definitely just Reshade. Uninstalling Reshade fixed it.

Sorry for wasting your time! 😉

Not a problem at all, I learned some things by looking into how the Kneeboard works 'behind the scenes'.

Really glad to hear all is now working -- the Falcon50 is an outstanding a/c!

Al

• Like 1