Sign in to follow this  
Valentin Sp

GTN 750 need popup windowed mode in VR

Hello,

I want to use GTN 750 on 2nd screen in VR but i can't windowed mode on VR

When i use X planne without VR i can  widowed GTN 750, but when i use VR i can't. 

Do you have a solution ? 

Thank you

valentin1585569991-vr-gtn-750.jpg

Edited by Valentin Sp

Hi,

This is either one (VR popup) or the other (pop out), because this is how the X-Plane SDK works.

Besides, can you please explain how would you use a pop out window when having the VR headset on?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 4/2/2020 at 7:26 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

This is either one (VR popup) or the other (pop out), because this is how the X-Plane SDK works.

Besides, can you please explain how would you use a pop out window when having the VR headset on?

I too would like this option to be enabled. I have a Realsimgear GTN 750 in my cockpit and prefer to fly under VR but would still like to peak down and use the physical touch screen to operate the system. 

9 hours ago, Pacalon said:

but would still like to peak down and use the physical touch screen to operate the system. 

Do you mean you'd lift up the headset to peek the RSG physical screen??!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 8/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, RXP said:

Do you mean you'd lift up the headset to peek the RSG physical screen??!

No, not really; no need to lift or remove the headset. When using VR you are able to see below the headset just enough to use the touch screen to manipulate the unit; that would be the only time you "look" at the physical unit. For the most part, you look at the unit that is integrated into the aircraft panel in VR. This is what I do with my RXP equipped RSG 530 and 430. In fact, I do not even have the RXP 430 or 530 displayed on my physical RSG units; I just use the knobs and buttons to manipulate the RXP displayed in VR. Usually by muscle memory; no longer need to "peek".

I too would like to use my RSG750 touch screen while in VR to manipulate the RXP750. Much better than using controllers or a mouse and finding a place for the VR popup is annoying (can't use the 750 in VR without the VR popup).

I agree, I also use a dedicate touchscreen for GTX750 before I use VR, and actually I can feel where is +/- button is as they are near the physical corner anyway, which are 2 of the mos used key I'd have while in mid of flight and my hands are mostly on Stick/Collective, so seek for mouse or controller is actually harder.

Posted (edited)

With the simulator youtube gurus  (e.g.  Russ Barlow or Lazerbolt have videos on this ) putting reality-mixer up with Xplane you can now see your touch screen and controls on XR headsets while still seeing rest of aircraft in VR.   I would like to keep GTN on my touch screen as pop-out like I do now.   Mix RXP with Air Manager to produce a full panel.   As currently implemented, it seems like VR acts like there is only one "screen"   Maybe something in the Plugin menu saying not to show the GTN in VR and let it work like it does when not using VR?   Please implement if able.  We are all heading towards technology that allows mixed reality and this would be great!    Thanks.

Edited by kaptkurt
Clarity